This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. R. Akhavan , R. D. Kamm & A. H. Shapiro 1991 An investigation of transition to turbulence in bounded oscillatory Stokes flows. Part 1. Experiments. J. Fluid Mech. 225, 395–442.
5. K. Bhaganagar 2008 Direct numerical simulation of unsteady flow in channel with rough walls. Phys. Fluids 20, 101508.
6. G. Binder & J. L. Kueny 1981
Measurements of the periodic velocity oscillations near the wall in unsteady turbulent channel flow. In Unsteady Turbulent Shear Flow (ed.
R. Michel , J. Cousteix & R Houdeville
), pp. 100–109. Springer.
7. G. Binder , S. F. Tardu & P. Vezin 1995 Cyclic modulation of Reynolds stresses and length scales in pulsed turbulent channel flow. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A 451 (1941), 121–139.
9. W. Blel , C. Le Gentil-Lelievreb , T. Bénézechb & P. Legentilhomme 2009 Application of turbulent pulsating flows to the bacterial removal during a cleaning in place procedure. Part 1. Experimental analysis of wall shear stress in a cylindrical pipe. J. Food Engng 90 (4), 422–432.
13. F. Fedele , D. L. Hitt & R. D. Prabhub 2005 Revisiting the stability of pulsatile pipe flow. Eur. J. Mech. (B/Fluids) 24, 237–254.
17. P. Hall 1975 The stability of Poiseuille flow modulated at high frequencies. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A 344 (1639), 453–464.
18. S. He & J. D. Jackson 2009 An experimental study of pulsating turbulent flow in a pipe. Eur. J. Mech. (B/Fluids) 28, 309–320.
28. M. Manna & A. Vacca 1999 An efficient method for the solution of the incompressible Navier–Stokes equations in cylindrical geometries. J. Comput. Phys. 151, 563–584.
30. M. Manna & A. Vacca 2007 Spectral dynamic of pulsating turbulent pipe flow. Comput. Fluids 37, 825–835.
33. Z. X. Mao & T. J. Hanratty 1994 Influence of large-amplitude oscillations on turbulent drag. AIChE J. 40 (10), 1601–1610.
34. T. Mizuchina , T Maruyama & Y. Shiozaki 1973 Pulsating turbulent flow in a tube. J. Chem. Engng Japan 6, 487–495.
35. T. Mizushina , T. Maruyama & H. Hirasawa 1975 Structure of the turbulence in pulsating pipe flows. J. Chem. Engng Japan 8, 210–216.
39. P. Orlandi & D. Ebstein 2000 Turbulent budgets in rotating pipes by DNS. Intl J. Heat Fluid Flow 21, 499–505.
41. O. Oyewola , L. Djenidi & R. A. Antonia 2004 Influence of localised wall suction on the anisotropy of the Reynolds stress tensor in a turbulent boundary layer. Exp. Fluids 37, 187–193.
47. W. C. Reynolds & S. C. Kassinos 1995 One-point modelling of rapidly deformed homogeneous turbulence. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A 451, 87–104.
49. T. Sarpkaja 1966 Experimental determination of the critical Reynolds number for pulsating Poiseuille flow. Trans. ASME: J. Basic Engng 88, 589–598.
50. A. Scotti & U. Piomelli 2001 Numerical simulation of pulsating turbulent channel flow. Phys. Fluids 13 (5), 1367–1384.
51. L. Shemer 1985 Laminar–turbulent transition in a slowly pulsating pipe flow. Phys. Fluids 28, 3506–3509.
52. L. Shemer & E. Kit 1984 An experimental investigation of the quasisteady turbulent pulsating flow in a pipe. Phys. Fluids 27, 72–76.
56. S. F. Tardu & G. Binder 1993 Wall shear stress modulation in unsteady turbulent channel flow with high imposed frequencies. Phys. Fluids 5, 2028–2034.
58. J. T. Tozzi & C. H. von Kerczek 1986 The stability of oscillatory Hagen–Poiseuille flow. Trans. ASME: J. Appl. Mech. 53, 187–192.
61. J. Van Kan 1986 A second-order accurate pressure correction scheme for viscous incompressible flow. J. Sci. Stat. Comput. 7, 870–891.
62. C. Viotti , M. Quadrio & P. Luchini 2009 Streamwise oscillation of spanwise velocity at the wall for turbulent drag reduction. Phys. Fluid 21, 115109.
65. E. L. Yellin 1966 Laminar–turbulent transition process in pulsatile flow. Circulat. Res. 19, 791–804.
67. L. Y. Zou , N. S. Liu & X. Y. Lu 2006 An investigation of pulsating turbulent open channel flow by large eddy simulation. Comput. Fluids 35 (1), 74–102.