This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. A. Ajdari , N. Bontoux & H. A. Stone 2006 Hydrodynamic dispersion in shallow microchannels: the effect of cross-sectional shape. Analyt. Chem. 78, 387–392.
2. R. Aris 1956 On the dispersion of a solute in a fluid flowing through a tube. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A Mat. 235 (1200), 67–77.
3. R. Aris 1960 On the dispersion of solute in pulsating flow through a tube. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A Mat. 259 (1298), 370–376.
4. S. Bandyopadhyay & B. S. Mazumder 1999 Unsteady convective diffusion in a pulsatile flow through a channel. Acta Mechanica 134, 1–16.
5. N. G. Barton 1983 On the method of moments for solute dispersion. J. Fluid Mech. 126, 205–218.
8. N. Bontoux , A. Pépin , Y. Chen , A. Ajdari & H. A. Stone 2006 Experimental characterization of hydrodynamic dispersion in shallow microchannels. Lab on a Chip 6, 930–935.
9. H. Brenner & D. A. Edwards 1993 Macrotransport Processes. Butterworth–Heinemann.
11. H. Bruus & A. D. Stone 1994 Quantum chaos in a deformable billiard: applications to quantum dots. Phys. Rev. B 50 (24), 18275–18287.
12. R. Camassa , Z. Lin & R. McLaughlin 2010 The exact evolution of scalar variance in pipe and channel flow. Commun. Math. Sci. 8 (2), 601–626.
13. P. C. Chatwin 1975 On the longitudinal dispersion of passive contaminant in oscillatory flows in tubes. J. Fluid Mech. 71, 513–527.
14. P. C. Chatwin 1977 Initial development of longitudinal dispersion in straight tubes. J. Fluid Mech. 80, 33–48.
15. P. C. Chatwin & P. J. Sullivan 1982 The effects of aspect ratio on longitudinal diffusivity in rectangular channels. J. Fluid Mech. 120, 347–358.
17. M. R. Doshi , P. M. Daiya & W. N. Gill 1978 Three dimensional laminar dispersion in open and closed rectangular conduits. Chem. Engng Sci. 33, 795–804.
18. D. Dutta , A Ramachandran & D. T. Leighton 2006 Effect of channel geometry on solute dispersion in pressure-driven microfluidic systems. Microfluid Nanofluid 2, 275–290.
19. M. E. Erdogan & P. C. Chatwin 1967 Effects of curvature and buoyancy on laminar dispersion of solute in a horizontal tube. J. Fluid Mech. 29 (3), 465–484.
20. L. T. Fan & C. B. Wang 1966 Dispersion of matter in non-Newtonian laminar flow through a circular tube. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A Mat. 292 (1429), 203–208.
21. J. P. Gleeson 2002 Electroosmotic flows with random zeta potential. J. Colloid Interface Sci. 249 (1), 217–226.
22. J. D. Goddard 1993 The Green’s function for passive scalar diffusion in a homogeneously sheared continuum. Phys. Fluids A 5, 2295–2297.
23. H. G. Harris & S. L. Goren 1967 Axial diffusion in a cylinder with pulsed flow. Chem. Engng Sci. 22, 1571–1576.
24. K. M. Jansons 2006 On Taylor dispersion in oscillatory channel flows. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A Mat. 462, 3501–3509.
25. M Latini & AJ Bernoff 2001 Transient anomalous diffusion in Poiseuille flow. J. Fluid Mech. 441, 399–411.
29. R. F. Molloy & D. T. Leighton 1998 Binary oscillatory cross-flow electrophoresis: theory and experiments. J. Pharma. Sci. 87, 1270–1281.
30. N. A. Mortensen & H. Bruus 2006 Universal dynamics in the onset of a Hagen–Poiseuille flow. Phys. Rev. E 74 (1), 017301.
31. N. A. Mortensen , L. H. Olesen & H. Bruus 2006 Transport coefficients for electrolytes in arbitrarily shaped nano and micro-fluidic channels. New J. Phys. 8, 37–51.
32. A. Mukherjee & B. S. Mazumder 1988 Dispersion of contaminant in oscillatory flows. Acta Mechanica 74, 107.
33. S. Paul & B. S. Mazumder 2008 Dispersion in unsteady Couette–Poiseuille flows. Intl J. Engng Sci. 46, 1203–1217.
34. R. F. Probstein 1994 Physicochemical Hydrodynamics. An Introduction, 2nd edn. John Wiley and Sons.
35. R. Sankarasubramanian & W. N. Gill 1973 Unsteady convective diffusion with interphase mass-transfer. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A Mat. 333 (1592), 115–132.
36. P. Skafte-Pedersen , D. Sabourin , M. Dufva & D. Snakenborg 2009 Multi-channel peristaltic pump for microfluidic applications featuring monolithic PDMS inlay. Lab on a Chip 9, 3003–3006.
37. G. I. Taylor 1953 Dispersion of soluble matter in solvent flowing slowly through a tube. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A Mat. 219 (1137), 186.
38. H. M. Taylor & E. F. Leonard 1965 Axial dispersion during pulsating pipe flow. AIChE J. 11 (4), 686–689.
39. A. M. Thomas & R. Narayanan 2001 Physics of oscillatory flow and its effect on the mass transfer and separation of species. Phys. Fluids 13 (4), 859–866.
40. C. van den Broeck 1982 A stochastic description of longitudinal dispersion in uniaxial flows. Physica A 112, 343–352.
41. S. Vedel , L. H. Olesen & H. Bruus 2010 Pulsatile microfluidics as an analytical tool for determining the dynamic characteristics of microfluidic systems. J. Micromech. Microengng 20, 035026.
42. A. Vikhansky & W. Wang 2011 Taylor dispersion in finite-length capillaries. Chem. Engng Sci. 66 (4), 642–649.
43. E. J. Watson 1983 Diffusion in oscillatory pipe flow. J. Fluid Mech. 133, 233–244.
44. J. R. Womersley 1955 Method for the calculation of velocity, rate of flow and viscous drag in arteries when the pressure gradient is known. J. Physiol. 127, 553–563.