- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 1744-1374 (Print), 1744-1382 (Online)
- Editors: Geoffrey M. Hodgson University of Hertfordshire, UK , Richard N. Langlois University of Connecticut, USA , Jason Potts RMIT University, Australia and Esther-Mirjam Sent University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Editorial board
The Journal of Institutional Economics is an interdisciplinary journal that is of interest to all academics working in the social sciences, particularly in economics and business studies. Contributions from politics, geography, anthropology, sociology and philosophy are also welcomed. The Journal of Institutional Economics aims to provide all authors with an expert verdict on their articles within fifty days of submission.
JOIE most cited articles in 2016
- Meet the New Owners of Corporate America
- 23 May 2018,
- A seismic shift is going on in finance still largely unnoticed by the public. People and institutions are increasingly investing their money into index tracker...
- Origins of the Sicilian Mafia: The Market for Lemons
- 15 January 2018,
- The Sicilian mafia is arguably one of the most infamous institutions in the Western world. After its first appearance in Sicily in the 1870s it soon infiltrated...
- How to be successful on the academic job market
- 24 September 2017,
- Now that the new academic year has arrived, many Ph.D. students will be going on the job market for the first time.…