- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 1744-1374 (Print), 1744-1382 (Online)
- Editors: Geoffrey M. Hodgson Loughborough University, London, UK , Richard N. Langlois University of Connecticut, USA , Jason Potts RMIT University, Australia , Esther-Mirjam Sent University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands and Claudia R. Williamson Mississippi State University, USA
- Editorial board
The Journal of Institutional Economics is an interdisciplinary journal that is of interest to all academics working in the social sciences, particularly in economics and business studies. Contributions from politics, geography, anthropology, sociology and philosophy are also welcomed. The Journal of Institutional Economics aims to provide all authors with an expert verdict on their articles within fifty days of submission.
JOIE most cited articles in 2016
- Physical harm warning urges patients to use medicine correctly
- 14 May 2019,
- Patients warned about the personal health risks of misusing medicine were almost twice as likely to heed the advice and take and it correctly, a new study has...
- What is the cost of police, really?
- 15 April 2019,
- A recent study by RAND Corporation researchers examined the average amount of police spending on crimes for each state. Averaging the results across all states...
- Africa’s future is urban
- 11 March 2019,
- Africa’s future is urban. By 2050, the majority of Africans will live in cities, transforming its societies and economies. Yet very little is known about the...