This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. B.J. Landi , M.J. Ganter , C.D. Cress , R.A. DiLeo , and R.P. Raffaelle : Carbon nanotubes for lithium ion batteries. Energy Environ. Sci. 2, 638 (2009).
4. G. Lota , K. Fic , and E. Frackowiak : Carbon nanotubes and their composites in electrochemical applications. Energy Environ. Sci. 4, 1592 (2011).
5. S.B. Yang , J.P. Huo , H.H. Song , and X.H. Chen : A comparative study of electrochemical properties of two kinds of carbon nanotubes as anode materials for lithium ion batteries. Electrochim. Acta 53, 2238 (2008).
6. I. Mukhopadhyay , N. Hoshino , S. Kawasaki , F. Okino , W.K. Hsu , and H. Touhara : Electrochemical Li insertion in B-doped multiwall carbon nanotubes. J. Electrochem. Soc. 149, A39 (2002).
7. S. Kawasaki , T. Hara , Y. Iwai , and Y. Suzuki : Metallic and semiconducting single-walled carbon nanotubes as the anode material of Li ion secondary battery. Mater. Lett. 62, 2917 (2008).
8. X.X. Wang , J.N. Wang , H. Chang , and Y.F. Zhang : Preparation of short carbon nanotubes and application as an electrode material in Li-ion batteries. Adv. Funct. Mater. 17, 3613 (2007).
10. M.M. Shaijumon and S. Ramaprabhu : Synthesis of carbon nanotubes by pyrolysis of acetylene using alloy hydride materials as catalysts and their hydrogen adsorption studies. Chem. Phys. Lett. 374, 513 (2003).
11. H.L. Zhang and D.E. Morse : Kinetically controlled catalytic synthesis of highly dispersed metal-in-carbon composite and its electrochemical behavior. J. Mater. Chem. 19, 9006 (2010).
12. M. Winter and J.O. Besenhard : Electrochemical lithiation of tin and tin-based intermetallics and composites. Electrochim. Acta 45, 31 (1999).
13. J.W. Park , S. Rajendran , and H.S. Kwon : Effects of substrate morphology and ageing on cycle performance of a Sn-anode fabricated by electroplating. J. Power Sources 159, 1409 (2006).
15. J. Hassoun , G. Derrien , S. Panero , and B. Scrosati : A nanostructured Sn-C composite lithium battery electrode with unique stability and high electrochemical performance. Adv. Mater. 20, 3169 (2008).
16. O. Mao , R.L. Turner , I.A. Courtney , B.D. Fredericksen , M.I. Buckett , L.J. Krause , and J.R. Dahn : Active/inactive nanocomposites as anodes for Li-ion batteries. Electrochem. Solid-State Lett. 2, 3 (1999).
17. Y.S. Jung , K.T. Lee , J.H. Ryu , D. Im , and S.M. Oh : Sn-carbon core-shell powder for anode in lithium secondary batteries. J. Electrochem. Soc. 152, A1452 (2005).
18. G. Derrien , J. Hassoun , S. Panero , and B. Scrosati : Nanostructured Sn-C composite as an advanced anode material in high-performance lithium-ion batteries. Adv. Mater. 19, 2336 (2007).
19. I.S. Kim , G.E. Blomgren , and P.N. Kumta : Sn/C composite anodes for Li-ion batteries. Electrochem. Solid-State Lett. 7, A44 (2004).
20. J. Yang , M. Wachtler , M. Winter , and J.O. Besenhard : Sub-microcrystalline Sn and Sn-SnSb powders as lithium storage materials for lithium-ion batteries. Electrochem. Solid-State Lett. 2, 161 (1999).
21. W.M. Zhang , J.S. Hu , Y.G. Guo , S.F. Zheng , L.S. Zhong , W.G. Song , and L.J. Wan : Tin-nanoparticles encapsulated in elastic hollow carbon spheres for high-performance anode material in lithium-ion batteries. Adv. Mater. 20, 1160 (2008).
22. M. Wachtler , J.O. Besenhard , and M. Winter : Tin and tin-based intermetallics as new anode materials for lithium-ion cells. J. Power Sources 94, 189 (2001).
23. H.C. Shin and M.L. Liu : Three-dimensional porous copper-tin alloy electrodes for rechargeable lithium batteries. Adv. Funct. Mater. 15, 582 (2005).
24. J. Hassoun , S. Panero , P. Simon , P.L. Taberna , and B. Scrosati : High-rate, long-life Ni-Sn nanostructured electrodes for lithium-ion batteries. Adv. Mater. 19, 1632 (2007).
25. X.W. Lou , Y. Wang , C.L. Yuan , J.Y. Lee , and L.A. Archer : Template-free synthesis of SnO2 hollow nanostructures with high lithium storage capacity. Adv. Mater. 18, 2325 (2006).
26. M.S. Park , G.X. Wang , Y.M. Kang , D. Wexler , S.X. Dou , and H.K. Liu : Preparation and electrochemical properties of SnO2 nanowires for application in lithium-ion batteries. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 46, 750 (2007).
27. Y. Yu , C.H. Chen , and Y. Shi : A tin-based amorphous oxide composite with a porous, spherical, multideck-cage morphology as a highly reversible anode material for lithium-ion batteries. Adv. Mater. 19, 993 (2007).
28. S.J. Han , B.C. Jang , T. Kim , S.M. Oh , and T. Hyeon : Simple synthesis of hollow tin dioxide microspheres and their application to lithium-ion battery anodes. Adv. Funct. Mater. 15, 1845 (2005).
30. K. Wang , X.M. He , J.G. Ren , C.Y. Jiang , and C.R. Wan : Preparation of Sn/C microsphere composite anode for lithium-ion batteries via carbothermal reduction. Electrochem. Solid-State Lett. 9, A320 (2006).
32. J.Y. Lee , R.F. Zhang , and Z.L. Liu : Dispersion of Sn and SnO on carbon anodes. J. Power Sources 90, 70 (2000).
33. G.X. Wang , J. Yao , H.K. Liu , S.X. Dou , and J.H. Ahn : Electrochemical characteristics of tin-coated MCMB graphite as anode in lithium-ion cells. Electrochim. Acta 50, 517 (2004).
34. B. Veeraraghavan , A. Durairajan , B. Haran , B. Popov , and R. Guidotti : Study of Sn-coated graphite as anode material for secondary lithium-ion batteries. J. Electrochem. Soc. 149, A675 (2002).
35. B. Schwenzer , K.M. Roth , J.R. Gomm , M. Murr , and D.E. Morse : Kinetically controlled vapor-diffusion synthesis of novel nanostructured metal hydroxide and phosphate films using no organic reagents. J. Mater. Chem. 16, 401 (2006).
36. R.L. Brutchey and D.E. Morse : Silicatein and the translation of its molecular mechanism of biosilicification into low temperature nanomaterial synthesis. Chem. Rev. 108, 4915 (2008).
37. D. Kisailus , B. Schwenzer , J. Gomm , J.C. Weaver , and D.E. Morse : Kinetically controlled catalytic formation of zinc oxide thin films at low temperature. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 128, 10276 (2006).
38. H.L. Zhang , F. Li , C. Liu , and H.M. Cheng : Poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC) coated idea revisited: Influence of carbonization procedures on PVC-coated natural graphite as anode materials for lithium ion batteries. J. Phys. Chem. C 112, 7767 (2008).
39. Y.G. Wang , Y.R. Wang , E. Hosono , K. Wang , and H.S. Zhou : The design of a LiFePO4/carbon nanocomposite with a core-shell structure and its synthesis by an in situ polymerization restriction method. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 47, 7461 (2008).
40. H.L. Zhang , S.H. Liu , F. Li , S. Bai , C. Liu , J. Tan , and H.M. Cheng : Electrochemical performance of pyrolytic carbon-coated natural graphite spheres. Carbon 44, 2212 (2006).