- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0884-2914 (Print), 2044-5326 (Online)
- Editor: Gary L. Messing The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Editorial board
2017 JMR Paper of the Year: Phase transitions in stable nanocrystalline alloys
- Materials Science to Empower Quantum Information Technologies
- 29 March 2018,
- Quantum materials have exotic physical properties that arise from quantum mechanical or topological properties of their electrons. These materials display novel...
- 2017 JMR Paper of the Year: New model could make metal alloys even stronger
- 28 March 2018,
- The Journal of Materials Research Paper of the Year recognizes excellence in advancing materials knowledge through written scholarship. The 2017 JMR Paper of the Year has been awarded to Arvind Kalidindi and Christopher A.…...
- Artificial Intelligence for Materials
- 21 March 2018,
- The materials community is just beginning to utilize Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in the research process, and it is already clear...
Call for Papers
Focus Issue on Interconnects and Interfaces in Energy Conversion Materials
Submission deadline: September 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will cover advances in the synthesis, processing, and performance of both conventional alloys and unconventional compounds designed for use as electrical interconnects and interfacing materials for these high-temperature energy conversion technologies. Special attention may be given to work relating to experimental and theoretical assessment of the reaction and diffusion kinetics of these interface materials and the volatile, reactive species of energy materials.
Focus Issue on Plasticity and Fracture at the Nanoscales – Advances in In Situ Experimentation Techniques Enabling Novel and Extreme Materials/Nanocomposite Design
Submission deadline: October 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will provide readers up-to-date information on the impact of these recent experimentation capabilities – the ability to observe directly how plasticity and fracture events interact with microstructures at the nanoscale – and how it could affect and enable novel and extreme materials and nanocomposite design.
Focus issue: (Nano)-materials for Biomedical Applications
Submission deadline: November 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue is devoted to the latest advances in biomedical nanomaterials, including: (i) different fabrication approaches and applications, (ii) design and characterization of novel biomedical materials and devices as well as their structure-property relationships with biological responses, and (iii) novel (bio)-nanomaterials as potential candidates to integrate multifunctional devices targeting self-assembly materials.
Focus Issue: Intrinsic and Extrinsic Size Effects in Materials
Submission deadline: December 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will cover advances in exploring intrinsic and extrinsic size effects in all types of materials by theories, experiments, simulations, and modeling.
Call for Proposals: 2020 JMR Focus Issues
Proposals are being accepted for JMR Focus issues to be published in 2020.
188 out of 285 Materials Science, Multidisciplinary
2017 Journal Citation Reports
© Clarivate Analytics
Related Journals from MRS
MRS Publications Print on Demand
To p , please follow this link. Purchase of print-on-demand copies is handled and fulfilled directly through Sheridan Custom Publishing*.