1. Gad-el-Hak, M., Flow Control: Passive, Active, and Reactive Flow Management, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2000).
2. Strykowski, P. J. and Sreenivasan, K. R., “On the Formation and Suppression of Vortex Shedding at Low Reynolds Numbers,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 218, pp. 71–107 (1990).
3. Igarashi, T., “Drag Reduction of a Square Prism by Flow Control Using a Small Rod,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 69-71, pp. 141–153 (1997).
4. Huang, R. F. and Mao, S. W., “Separation Control on a Cantilever Wing with a Self-Excited Vibrating Rod,” Journal of Aircraft, 39, pp. 609–615 (2002).
5. Yang, B., Gao, F., Jeng, D. S. and Wu, Y., “Experimental Study of Vortex-Induced Vibrations of a Cylinder Near a Rigid Plane Boundary in Steady Flow,” Acta Mechanica Sinica, 25, pp. 51–63 (2009).
6. Singh, S. P. and Mittal, S., “Vortex-Induced Oscillations at Low Reynolds Numbers: Hysteresis and Vortex-Shedding Modes,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, 20, pp. 1085–1104 (2005).
7. Dettmer, W. and Perić, D., “A Computational Framework for Fluid Rigid Body Interaction: Finite Element Formulation and Applications,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 195, pp. 1633–1666 (2006).
8. Du, L., Jing, X. and Sun, X., “Modes of Vortex Formation and Transition to Three Dimensionality in the Wake of a Freely Vibrating Cylinder,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, 49, pp. 554–573 (2014).
9. Chern, M. J., Kuan, Y. H., Nugroho, G., Lu, G. T. and Horng, T. L., “Direct-Forcing Immersed Boundary Modeling of Vortex-Induced Vibration of a Circular Cylinder,” Journal of Wind Engineering & Industrial Aerodynamics, 134, pp. 109–121 (2014).
10. Zhao, M. and Cheng, L., “Numerical Simulation of Two-Degree-of-Freedom Vortex-Induced Vibration of a Circular Cylinder Adjacent to a Plane Boundary,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, 27, pp. 1097–1110 (2011).
11. Sotiropoulos, F. and Yang, X., “Immersed Boundary Methods for Simulating Fluid-Structure Interaction,” Journal of Computational Physics, 65, pp. 1–21 (2014).
12. Yang, J. and Stern, F., “A Simple and Efficient Direct-Forcing Immersed Boundary Framework for Fluid-Structure Interactions,” Journal of Computational Physics, 231, pp. 5029–5061 (2012).
13. Mohd, . Yusof, J., “Interaction of Massive Particles with Turbulence,” Ph.D. Dissertation, Cornell University, U.S.A. (1996).
14. Noor, D. Z., Chern, M. J. and Horng, T. L., “An Immersed Boundary Method to Solve Fluid-Solid Interaction Problems,” Computational Mechanics, 44, pp. 447–453 (2009).
15. Chern, M. J., Shiu, W. C. and Horng, T. L., “Immersed Boundary Modeling for Interaction of Oscillatory Flow with Cylinder Array under Effects of Flow Direction and Cylinder Arrangement,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, 43, pp. 325–346 (2013).
16. Uhlmann, M., “An Immersed Boundary Method with Direct Forcing for the Simulation of Particulate Flows,” Journal of Computational Physics, 209, pp. 448–476 (2005).
17. Kempe, T. and Fröhlich, J., “An Improved Immersed Boundary Method with Direct Forcing for the Simulation of Particle Laden Flows,” Journal of Computational Physics, 231, pp. 3663–3684 (2012).
18. Wang, S. and Zhang, X., “An Immersed Boundary Method Based on Discrete Stream Function Formulation for Two- and Three-Dimensional Incompressible Flows,” Journal of Computational Physics, 230, pp. 3479–3499 (2011).
19. Deng, J., Shao, X. M. and Ren, A. L., “A New Modification of the Immersed-Boundary Method for Simulating Flows with Complex Moving Boundaries,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 52, pp. 1195–1213 (2006).
20. Peskin, C. S., “Flow Patterns around Heart Valves: A Numerical Method,” Journal of Computational Physics, 10, pp. 252–271 (1972).
21. Leonard, B. P., “A Stable and Accurate Convective Modelling Procedure Based on Quadratic Upstream Interpolation,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 19, pp. 59–98 (1979).
22. Hirt, C., Nickols, B. and Romero, N., “A Numerical Solution Algorithm for Transient Fluid LA-5852,” Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico, U.S.A. (1975).
23. Leontini, J. S., Thompson, M. C. and Hourigan, K., “The Beginning of Branching Behavior of Vortex-Induced Vibration during Two-Dimensional Flow,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, 22, pp. 857–864 (2006).
24. Bearman, P. W. and Zdravkovich, M. M., “Flow around a Circular Cylinder Near a Plane Boundary,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 109, pp. 33–48 (1978).
25. Lei, C., Cheng, L. and Kavanagh, K. “Re-Examination of Effect of a Plane Boundary on Forces and Vortex Shedding of a Circular Cylinder,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 80, pp. 263–286 (1999).
26. Williamson, C. H. K. and Roshko, A., “Vortex Formation in the Wake of an Oscillating Cylinder,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, 2, pp. 355–381 (1988).
27. Tsahalis, D. T., “Vortex-Induced Vibrations of a Flexible Cylinder Near a Plane Boundary Exposed to Steady and Wave-Induced Currents,” Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 106, pp. 206–213 (1984).