- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0075-4358 (Print), 1753-528X (Online)
- Editor: Professor Peter Thonemann Wadham College, University of Oxford
- Editorial board
The Journal of Roman Studies (JRS) has appeared annually for a century, and is widely recognised as the premier UK journal in its field.
Peer-reviewed papers on Roman history and Latin literature form the larger part of each issue. Papers on art history and archaeology are also published. The Journal regularly includes major review articles and archaeological surveys, along with one of the widest selections of reviews of recent publications in all scholarly languages. The journal seeks to publish articles with wide implications for our understanding of the Roman world. JRS papers have stimulated debates in fields as diverse as Roman democracy, the scale of the Roman economy, the demographic implications of slavery, and the materiality of the book. Recent contributors have been drawn from all over Europe and North America. The journal has a wide international readership made up of scholars, students and members of the general public.
- 05 August 2020,
- “French, the son of a Yorkshire policeman, graduated with a BA in Classics from Cambridge University, but found his vocation as an archaeologist in Greece through The latest digital publication of the British Institute at Ankara is a collection of papers that commemorate and appraise the work of David French, director of the BIAA from 1968 to 1994.…...
- 02 July 2020,
- “The Türkmen-Karahöyük Intensive Survey Project (TISP), led by James Osborne (University of Chicago), was begun in 2019 and determined that the site might not One of the paradoxes of archaeology is that, although understanding of the past is usually achieved only after years of painstaking work, once in a blue moon something may be found that instantly changes one’s theories or suddenly leads to completely new research avenues.…...
- 25 June 2020,
- Higher Education from Cambridge University Press is our new online textbook website. The beta version of the site has launched on 30th June, 2020.…