- ISSN: 0263-7189 (Print), 2052-6148 (Online)
Libyan Studies is the annual journal of record of the Society for Libyan Studies, appearing in November each year. Contributions are peer-reviewed and cover a broad range of subjects, including archaeology, ancient and Islamic history, geology, geography and social sciences. The articles will appeal to readers with an interest in the Middle East and Mediterranean worlds as well as North Africa.
- The ancient history and heritage of the Mosul region: an A–Z, Part II
- 19 September 2017,
- July 2017 marked the official liberation of the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, after more than three years of horrifying occupation by ISIS/Da’esh.…
- Rediscovering a lost garden – and some amateur dramatics
- 05 May 2016,
- Peter Wiseman, University of Exeter, discusses his forthcoming article ‘Maecenas and the Stage’, which is due to be published in Papers of the British School...
- Roman innovations caused an increase in intestinal parasites
- 08 January 2016,
- Archaeological evidence shows that intestinal parasites such as whipworm became increasingly common across Europe during the Roman Period, despite the apparent...