- ISSN: 0263-7189 (Print), 2052-6148 (Online)
Libyan Studies is the annual journal of record of the Society for Libyan Studies, appearing in November each year. Contributions are peer-reviewed and cover a broad range of subjects, including archaeology, ancient and Islamic history, geology, geography and social sciences. The articles will appeal to readers with an interest in the Middle East and Mediterranean worlds as well as North Africa.
- Rediscovering a lost garden – and some amateur dramatics
- 05 May 2016,
- Peter Wiseman, University of Exeter, discusses his forthcoming article ‘Maecenas and the Stage’, which is due to be published in Papers of the British School...
- Roman innovations caused an increase in intestinal parasites
- 08 January 2016,
- Archaeological evidence shows that intestinal parasites such as whipworm became increasingly common across Europe during the Roman Period, despite the apparent...
- Ancient skull of Bede, the ‘Father of English History’, rediscovered
- 04 September 2015,
- A long-lost cast of the skull of Bede – the ‘Father of English History’ – has been rediscovered within the anatomical collections of the University of Cambridge.…...