- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0266-464X (Print), 1474-0613 (Online)
- Editors: Maria Shevtsova Goldsmiths, University of London, UK, and Philippa Burt Goldsmiths, University of London, UK
- Editorial board
New Theatre Quarterly provides a vital international forum where theatrical scholarship and practice can meet and where prevailing dramatic assumptions can be subjected to vigorous critical questioning. It shows that theatre history has a contemporary relevance, that theatre studies need a methodology and that theatre criticism needs a language. The journal publishes news, analysis and debate within the field of theatre studies.
- 26 October 2023,
- Why engage with a canonical playwright? Isn’t there enough work to do trying and recovering the works of playwrights who have all but been erased from the canon The post Performance, Modernity and the Plays first appeared on Fifteen Eighty Four | Cambridge University Press....
- 14 September 2023,
- Image Credit: Elvira Puccini, Giacomo Puccini, Antonio Puccini Archivio Storico Ricordi, CC BY-SA 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0, via Wikimedia The post Puccini in Context first appeared on Fifteen Eighty Four | Cambridge University Press....
- 08 September 2023,
- State of the Arts is an account of the unique German public theatre system through the prism of a migrant artistic institution in the western post-industrial The post An Anthropology of German Theatre by Jonas Tinius first appeared on Fifteen Eighty Four | Cambridge University Press....