This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. Y.H. Chun (1996). Selecting the best choice in the weighted secretary problem. European Journal of Operational Research 92: 135–147.
3. P. Hill & U. Krengel (1991). Minimax-optimal stop rules and distributions in secretary problems. The Annals of Probability 19: 342–353.
10. M.G. Kohn & S. Shavell (1974). The theory of search. Journal of Economic Theory 9: 93–123.
11. M. Landsberger & D. Peled (1977). Duration of offers, price structure, and the gain from search. Journal of Economic Theory 16: 17–37.
12. S.A. Lippman & J.J. McCall (1976). Job search in a dynamic economy. Journal of Economic Theory 12: 365–390.
13. T.J. Lorenzen (1981). Optimal stopping with sampling cost: The secretary problem. The Annals of Probability 9: 167–172.
14. J.J. McCall (1965). The economics of information and optimal stopping rules. Journal of Business 38:300–317.
15. P. Morgan & R. Manning (1985). Optimal search. Econometrica 53: 923–944.
16. J.D. Petrucelli (1981). Best choice problems involving uncertainty and recall of observations. Journal of Applied Probability 18: 415–425.
17. J.D. Petrucelli (1982). Full information best choice problems with recall of observations and uncertainty of selection depending on the observation. Advances in Applied Probability 14: 340–358.
18. D.B. Rosenfield , R.D. Shapiro , & D.A. Butler (1983). Optimal strategies for selling an asset. Management Science 29: 1051–1061.
19. S.M. Ross (1969). A problem in optimal search and stop. Operations Research 17: 984–992.
20. M. Rothschild (1974). Searching for the lowest price when the distribution of prices is unknown. Journal of Political Economy 82: 689–711.
21. M. Sakaguchi (1961). Dynamic programming of some sequential sampling design. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2:446–466.
22. E. Samuel-Chan (1995). The best choice secretary problem with random freeze on jobs. Stochastic Processes and Their Applications 55: 315–327.
23. M. Sun (1992). Nested variational inequalities and related optimal starting-stopping problems. Journal of Applied Probability 29: 104–115.
24. H.M. Taylor (1967). Evaluating a call option and optimal timing strategy in the stock market. Management Science 14: 111–120.
25. M.L. Weitzman (1979). Optimal search for the best alternative. Econometrica 47: 641–654.