This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. C Catassi , D Kryszak , B Bhatti (2010) Natural history of celiac disease autoimmunity in a USA cohort followed since 1974. Ann Med 42, 530–538.
3. S Lohi , K Mustalahti , K Kaukinen (2007) Increasing prevalence of coeliac disease over time. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26, 1217–1225.
4. DA van Heel & J West (2006) Recent advances in coeliac disease. Gut 55, 1037–1046.
6. DA Leffler & D Schuppan (2010) Update on serologic testing in celiac disease. Am J Gastroenterol 105, 2520–2524.
8. R Richey , P Howdle , E Shaw (2009) Recognition and assessment of coeliac disease in children and adults: summary of NICE guidance. Br Med J 338, b1684.
11. NR Lewis & BB Scott (2006) Systematic review: the use of serology to exclude or diagnose coeliac disease (a comparison of the endomysial and tissue transglutaminase antibody tests). Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24, 47–54.
14. AJ Naiyer , L Hernandez , EJ Ciaccio (2009) Comparison of commercially available serologic kits for the detection of celiac disease. J Clin Gastroenterol 43, 225–232.
15. RC Wong , RJ Wilson , RH Steele (2002) A comparison of 13 guinea pig and human anti-tissue transglutaminase antibody ELISA kits. J Clin Pathol 55, 488–494.
16. K Rostami , J Kerckhaert , R Tiemessen (1999) Sensitivity of antiendomysium and antigliadin antibodies in untreated celiac disease: disappointing in clinical practice. Am J Gastroenterol 94, 888–894.
17. A Rostom , C Dubé , A Cranney (2005) The diagnostic accuracy of serologic tests for celiac disease: a systematic review. Gastroenterology 128, Suppl 1, S38–S46.
18. MM Walker , JA Murray , J Ronkainen (2010) Detection of celiac disease and lymphocytic enteropathy by parallel serology and histopathology in a population-based study. Gastroenterology 139, 112–119.
19. NR Lewis & BB Scott (2010) Meta-analysis: deamidated gliadin peptide antibody and tissue transglutaminase antibody compared as screening tests for coeliac disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 31, 73–81.
21. K Kurppa , K Lindfors , P Collin (2011) Antibodies against deamidated gliadin peptides in early-stage celiac disease. J Clin Gastroenterol 45, 673–678.
25. S Ferre-López , C Ribes-Koninckx , C Genzor (2004) Immunochromatographic sticks for tissue transglutaminase and antigliadin antibody screening in celiac disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2, 480–484.
27. T Raivio , K Kaukinen , E Nemes (2006) Self transglutaminase-based rapid coeliac disease antibody detection by a lateral flow method. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24, 147–154.
28. T Raivio , I Korponay-Szabó , P Collin (2007) Performance of a new rapid whole blood coeliac test in adult patients with low prevalence of endomysial antibodies. Dig Liver Dis 39, 1057–1063.
30. IR Korponay-Szabó , T Raivio , K Laurila (2005) Coeliac disease case finding and diet monitoring by point-of-care testing. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 22, 729–737.
32. AD Hopper , SS Cross , DP Hurlstone (2007) Pre-endoscopy serological testing for coeliac disease: evaluation of a clinical decision tool. Br Med J 334, 729.
34. A Tursi , G Brandimarte & GM Giorgetti (2003) Prevalence of antitissue transglutaminase antibodies in different degrees of intestinal damage in celiac disease. J Clin Gastroenterol 36, 219–221.
37. S Lohi , M Mäki , H Rissanen (2009) Prognosis of unrecognized coeliac disease as regards mortality: a population-based cohort study. Ann Med 41, 508–515.
39. A Rubio-Tapia , RA Kyle , EL Kaplan (2009) Increased prevalence and mortality in undiagnosed celiac disease. Gastroenterology 137, 88–93.
41. JD Godfrey , TL Brantner , W Brinjikji (2010) Morbidity and mortality among older individuals with undiagnosed celiac disease. Gastroenterology 139, 763–769.
44. L Greco , A Veneziano , L Di Donato (2004) Undiagnosed coeliac disease does not appear to be associated with unfavourable outcome of pregnancy. Gut 53, 149–151.
46. GR Corazza , A Di Sario , L Cecchetti (1996) Influence of pattern of clinical presentation and of gluten-free diet on bone mass and metabolism in adult coeliac disease. Bone 18, 525–530.
48. J West , RF Logan , TR Card (2003) Fracture risk in people with celiac disease: a population-based cohort study. Gastroenterology 125, 429–436.
52. S Lohi , M Mäki , J Montonen (2009) Malignancies in cases with screening-identified evidence of coeliac disease: a long-term population-based cohort study. Gut 58, 643–647.
53. G Corrao , GR Corazza , V Bagnardi (2001) Mortality in patients with coeliac disease and their relatives: a cohort study. Lancet 358, 356–361.
56. NJ Hall , G Rubin & A Charnock (2009) Systematic review: adherence to a gluten-free diet in adult patients with coeliac disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 30, 315–330.
57. R Shamir , O Hernell & M Leshno (2006) Cost-effectiveness analysis of screening for celiac disease in the adult population. Med Decis Making 26, 282–293.
58. SM Mein & U Ladabaum (2004) Serological testing for coeliac disease in patients with symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 19, 1199–1210.
59. SD Dorn & DB Matchar (2008) Cost-effectiveness analysis of strategies for diagnosing celiac disease. Dig Dis Sci 53, 680–688.
61. KH Long , A Rubio-Tapia , AE Wagie (2010) The economics of coeliac disease: a population-based study. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 32, 261–269.
63. AD Hopper , M Hadjivassiliou , S Butt (2007) Adult coeliac disease. Br Med J 335, 558–562.
64. C Catassi , IM Rätsch , E Fabiani (1994) Coeliac disease in the year 2000: exploring the iceberg. Lancet 343, 200–203.
66. M Mariné , F Fernández-Bañares , M Alsina (2009) Impact of mass screening for gluten-sensitive enteropathy in working population. World J Gastroenterol 15, 1331–1338.
67. H Hin , G Bird , P Fisher (1999) Coeliac disease in primary care: case finding study. Br Med J 318, 164–167.
68. DS Sanders , D Patel , TJ Stephenson (2003) A primary care cross-sectional study of undiagnosed adult coeliac disease. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15, 407–413.