This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. HC Godfray , JR Beddington , IR Crute (2010) Food security: the challenge of feeding 9 billion people. Science 327, 812–818.
4. S Hawkesworth , AD Dangour , D Johnston (2010) Feeding the world healthily: the challenge of measuring the effects of agriculture on health. Philos Trans R Soc 365, 3083–3097.
5. M Greger (2007) The human/animal interface: emergence and resurgence of zoonotic infectious diseases. Crit Rev Microbiol 33, 243–299.
6. JH Leibler , J Otte , D Roland-Holst (2009) Industrial food animal production and global health risks: exploring the ecosystems and economics of avian influenza. Ecohealth 6, 58–70.
8. S Gillespie (2006) Agriculture and HIV/AIDS. In Understanding the Links between Agriculture and Health [ C Hawkes and MT Ruel ]. Washington, DC: International Food Policy Research Institute.
10. LS Hardin (2008) Meetings that changed the world: Bellagio 1969: the green revolution. Nature 455, 470–471.
11. RE Evenson & D Gollin (2003) Assessing the impact of the green revolution, 1960 to 2000. Science 300, 758–762.
12. ZA Bhutta , T Ahmed , RE Black (2008) What works? Interventions for maternal and child undernutrition and survival. Lancet 371, 417–440.
14. A Toledo & B Burlingame (2006) Biodiversity and nutrition: a common path toward global food security and sustainable development. J Food Compos Anal 19, 477–483.
16. RO Mwanga & G Ssemakula (2011) Orange-fleshed sweet potatoes for food, health and wealth in Uganda. Int J Agric Sustain 9, 42–49.
17. BM Popkin , LS Adair & SW Ng (2012) Global nutrition transition and the pandemic of obesity in developing countries. Nutr Rev 70, 3–21.
18. A Drewnowski & BM Popkin (1997) The nutrition transition: new trends in the global diet. Nutr Rev 55, 31–43.
21. A De Janvry & E Sadoulet (2009) Agricultural growth and poverty reduction: additional evidence. World Bank Res Obs 25, 1–20.
25. CP Wild (2007) Aflatoxin exposure in developing countries: the critical interface of agriculture and health. Food Nutr Bull 28(2 Suppl.), S372–S380.
28. C Mutero , M McCartney & E Boelee (2006) Agriculture, Malaria and Water-Associated Diseases. In Understanding the Links between Agriculture and Health [ C Hawkes and MT Ruel , editors]. Washington, DC: International Food Policy Research Institute.
29. K Anderson (2010) Globalization's effects on world agricultural trade, 1960–2050. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 365, 3007–3021.
32. R Coker , J Rushton , S Mounier-Jack Towards a conceptual framework to support one-health research for policy on emerging zoonoses. Lancet Infect Dis 11(4), 326–331.
34. M Wierup & P Haggblom (2010) An assessment of soybeans and other vegetable proteins as source of Salmonella contamination in pig production. Acta Vet Scand 52, 15.
38. AJ McMichael & E Lindgren (2011) Climate change: present and future risks to health, and necessary responses. J Intern Med 270, 401–413.
41. S Friel , AD Dangour , T Garnett (2009) Health and Climate Change 4 Public health benefits of strategies to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions: food and agriculture. Lancet 374, 2016–2025.
43. N Pace , A Seal & A Costello (2008) Food commodity derivatives: a new cause of malnutrition? Lancet 371, 1648–1650.
45. T Andreyeva , MW Long & KD Brownell (2010) The impact of food prices on consumption: a systematic review of research on the price elasticity of demand for food. Am J Public Health 100, 216–222.
49. P Svedberg (1987) 841 million undernourished? World Development 27, 2081–2098.
51. SW Ng , F Zhai & BM Popkin (2008) Impacts of China's edible oil pricing policy on nutrition. Soc Sci Med 66, 414–426.
54. A Dorward & AD Dangour (2012) Agriculture and health. Br Med J 344, d7834.