1. Anai, A, Ueda, K, Harada, K et al. (2015) Determinant factors of the difference between self-reported weight and measured weight among Japanese. Environ Health Prev 20, 447–454.
2. Gorber, SC, Tremblay, M, Moher, D et al. (2007) Diagnostic in obesity comorbidities – a comparison of direct vs. self-report measures for assessing height, weight and body mass index: a systematic review. Obes Rev 8, 307–326.
3. Spencer, EA, Appleby, PN, Davey, GK et al. (2002) Validity of self-reported height and weight in 4808 EPIC-Oxford participants. Public Health Nutr 5, 561–565.
4. Palta, M, Prineas, RJ, Berman, R et al. (1982) Comparison of self-reported and measured height and weight. Am J Epidemiol 115, 223–230.
5. Johnson, WD, Bouchard, C, Newton, RL Jr et al. (2009) Ethnic differences in self-reported and measured obesity. Obesity (Silver Spring) 17, 571–577.
6. Dijkshoorn, H, Ujcic-Voortman, JK, Viet, L et al. (2011) Ethnic variation in validity of the estimated obesity prevalence using self-reported weight and height measurements. BMC Public Health 11, 408.
7. Stommel, M & Schoenborn, CA (2009) Accuracy and usefulness of BMI measures based on self-reported weight and height: findings from the NHANES & NHIS 2001–2006. BMC Public Health 9, 421.
8. Lin, CJ, DeRoo, LA, Jacobs, SR et al. (2012) Accuracy and reliability of self-reported weight and height in the Sister Study. Public Health Nutr 15, 989–999.
9. May, AM, Barnes, DR, Forouhi, NG et al. (2013) Prediction of measured weight from self-reported weight was not improved after stratification by body mass index. Obesity (Silver Spring) 21, E137–E142.
10. Gillum, RF & Sempos, CT (2005) Ethnic variation in validity of classification of overweight and obesity using self-reported weight and height in American women and men: the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Nutr J 4, 27.
11. Fernandez-Rhodes, L, Robinson, WR, Sotres-Alvarez, D et al. (2017) Accuracy of self-reported weight in Hispanic/Latino adults of the Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos. Epidemiology 28, 847–853.
12. Griebeler, ML, Levis, S, Beringer, LM et al. (2011) Self-reported versus measured height and weight in Hispanic and non-Hispanic menopausal women. J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20, 599–604.
13. Grossschadl, F, Haditsch, B & Stronegger, WJ (2012) Validity of self-reported weight and height in Austrian adults: sociodemographic determinants and consequences for the classification of BMI categories. Public Health Nutr 15, 20–27.
14. Kuczmarski, MF, Kuczmarski, RJ & Najjar, M (2001) Effects of age on validity of self-reported height, weight, and body mass index: findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988–1994. J Am Diet Assoc 101, 28–34.
15. Finardi, P, Nickel, CH, Koller, MT et al. (2012) Accuracy of self-reported weight in a high risk geriatric population in the emergency department. Swiss Med Wkly 142, w13585.
16. Dahl, AK, Hassing, LB, Fransson, EI et al. (2010) Agreement between self-reported and measured height, weight and body mass index in old age-a longitudinal study with 20 years of follow-up. Age Ageing 39, 445–451.
17. Villanueva, EV (2001) The validity of self-reported weight in US adults: a population based cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health 1, 11.
18. The Women’s Health Initiative Study Group (1998) Design of the Women’s Health Initiative clinical trial and observational study. Control Clin Trials 19, 61–109.
19. Hays, J, Hunt, JR, Hubbell, FA et al. (2003) The Women’s Health Initiative recruitment methods and results. Ann Epidemiol 13, 9 Suppl., S18–S77.
20. Jackson, RD, LaCroix, AZ, Cauley, JA et al. (2003) The Women’s Health Initiative calcium–vitamin D trial: overview and baseline characteristics of participants. Ann Epidemiol 13, 9 Suppl., S98–S106.
21. Langer, RD, White, E, Lewis, CE et al. (2003) The Women’s Health Initiative Observational Study: baseline characteristics of participants and reliability of baseline measures. Ann Epidemiol 13, 9 Suppl., S107–S121.
22. Ritenbaugh, C, Patterson, RE, Chlebowski, RT et al. (2003) The Women’s Health Initiative Dietary Modification trial: overview and baseline characteristics of participants. Ann Epidemiol 13, 9 Suppl., S87–S97.
23. Stefanick, ML, Cochrane, BB, Hsia, J et al. (2003) The Women’s Health Initiative postmenopausal hormone trials: overview and baseline characteristics of participants. Ann Epidemiol 13, 9 Suppl., S78–S86.
24. Bland, JM & Altman, DG (1986) Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement. Lancet 1, 307–310.
25. Larson, MR (2000) Social desirability and self-reported weight and height. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24, 663–665.