This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. Y Wang & T Lobstein (2006) Worldwide trends in childhood overweight and obesity. Int J Pediatr Obes 1, 11–25.
3. SA Bowman , SL Gortmaker , CB Ebbeling , MA Pereira & DS Ludwig (2004) Effects of fast-food consumption on energy intake and diet quality among children in a national household survey. Pediatrics 113, 112–118.
5. AM Prentice & SA Jebb (2003) Fast foods, energy density and obesity: a possible mechanistic link. Obes Rev 4, 187–194.
6. PM Anderson & KE Butcher (2006) Childhood obesity: trends and potential causes. Future Child 16, 19–45.
7. NI Hanson , D Neumark-Sztainer , ME Eisenberg , M Story & M Wall (2005) Associations between parental report of the home food environment and adolescent intakes of fruits, vegetables and dairy foods. Public Health Nutr 8, 77–85.
8. M Davis , T Baranowski , K Resnicow , J Baranowski , C Doyle , M Smith , DT Wang , A Yaroch & D Hebert (2000) Gimme 5 fruit and vegetables for fun and health: process evaluation. Health Educ Behav 27, 167–176.
10. M Story , J Stevens , J Himes , E Stone , BH Rock , B Ethelbah & S Davis (2003) Obesity in American-Indian children: prevalence, consequences, and prevention. Prev Med 37, Suppl., S3–S12.
11. KL Frohlich , N Ross & C Richmond (2006) Health disparities in Canada today: some evidence and a theoretical framework. Health Policy 79, 132–143.
12. BM Popkin & P Gordon-Larsen (2004) The nutrition transition: worldwide obesity dynamics and their determinants. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28, Suppl. 3, S2–S9.
16. TJ Cole , MC Bellizzi , KM Flegal & WH Dietz (2000) Establishing a standard definition for child overweight and obesity worldwide: international survey. BMJ 320, 1240–1243.
20. M Trifonopoulos , HV Kuhnlein & O Receveur (1998) Analysis of 24-hour recalls of 164 fourth- to sixth-grade Mohawk children in Kahnawake. J Am Diet Assoc 98, 814–816.
21. BC Stroehla , LH Malcoe & EM Velie (2005) Dietary sources of nutrients among rural Native American and white children. J Am Diet Assoc 105, 1908–1916.
23. HV Kuhnlein , R Soueida & O Receveur (1996) Dietary nutrient profiles of Canadian Baffin Island Inuit differ by food source, season, and age. J Am Diet Assoc 96, 155–162.
25. C Zoumas-Morse , CL Rock , EJ Sobo & ML Neuhouser (2001) Children’s patterns of macronutrient intake and associations with restaurant and home eating. J Am Diet Assoc 101, 923–925.
26. SA French , M Story , D Neumark-Sztainer , JA Fulkerson & P Hannan (2001) Fast food restaurant use among adolescents: associations with nutrient intake, food choices and behavioral and psychosocial variables. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25, 1823–1833.
27. S Gable & S Lutz (2000) Household, parent, and child contributions to childhood obesity. Fam Relat 49, 293–300.
28. D Haire-Joshu & MS Nanney (2002) Prevention of overweight and obesity in children: influences on the food environment. Diabetes Educ 28, 415–423.
31. L Ricciuto , V Tarasuk & A Yatchew (2006) Socio-demographic influences on food purchasing among Canadian households. Eur J Clin Nutr 60, 778–790.
32. ND Willows , R Iserhoff , L Napash , L Leclerc & T Verrall (2005) Anxiety about food supply in Cree women with infants in Quebec. Int J Circumpolar Health 64, 55–64.
34. S Cummins & S Macintyre (2006) Food environments and obesity – neighbourhood or nation? Int J Epidemiol 35, 100–104.
35. K Glanz , JF Sallis , BE Saelens & LD Frank (2005) Healthy nutrition environments: concepts and measures. Am J Health Promot 19, 330–333.