4. Macallan, DC, Noble, C, Baldwin, C et al. (1995) Energy expenditure and wasting in human immunodeficiency virus infection. N Engl J Med 333, 83–88.
5. Heylen, E, Panicker, ST, Chandy, S et al. (2015) Food insecurity and its relation to psychological well-being among South Indian people living with HIV. AIDS Behav 19, 1548–1558.
6. Masuku, MB & Sithole, MM (2009) The impact of HIV/AIDS on food security and household vulnerability in Swaziland. Agrekon 48, 200–222.
7. Weiser, SD, Leiter, K, Bangsberg, DR et al. (2007) Food insufficiency is associated with high-risk sexual behavior among women in Botswana and Swaziland. PLoS Med 4, 1589–1597.
8. Aibibula, W, Cox, J, Hamelin, AM et al. (2016) Food insecurity and low CD4 count among HIV-infected people: a systematic review and meta-analysis. AIDS Care 28, 1577–1585.
9. Aibibula, W, Cox, J, Hamelin, AM et al. (2017) Association between food insecurity and HIV viral suppression: a systematic review and meta-analysis. AIDS Behav 21, 754–765.
12. Mohan, S (2017) National Food Security Act, 2013. In Indian Policy and Development: A Manual of National Schemes and International Policy, pp. 153–233. Chennai: McGraw Hill Education (India) Private Limited.
13. Kishore, A, Joshi, PK & Hoddinott, J (2014) A novel approach to food security. In 2013 Global Food Policy Report, pp. 29–41. Washington, DC: International Food Policy Research Institute.
14. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, International Fund for Agricultural Development, UNICEF et al. (2017) The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2017: Building Resilience for Peace and Food Security. Rome, FAO; available at http://www.fao.org/3/a-I7695e.pdf
15. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (2016) Asia and the Pacific Regional Overview of Food Insecurity 2016: Investing in a Zero Hunger Generation. Bangkok: FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific; available at http://www.fao.org/3/a-i6481e.pdf
16. Weiser, SD, Palar, K, Frongillo, EA et al. (2014) Longitudinal assessment of associations between food insecurity, antiretroviral adherence and HIV treatment outcomes in rural Uganda. AIDS 28, 115–120.
17. Dasgupta, P, Bhattacherjee, S & Das, DK (2016) Food security in households of people living with human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: a cross-sectional study in a subdivision of Darjeeling District, West Bengal. J Prev Med Public Health 49, 240–248.
18. National AIDS Control Organisation (2014) District HIV/AIDS Epidemiological Profiles developed through Data Triangulation. Fact Sheets: Maharashtra, pp. 56–57. New Delhi: National AIDS Control Organisation, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India; available at http://naco.gov.in/sites/default/files/Maharashta_DEP.pdf
19. National AIDS Control Organisation & National Institute of Medical Statistics (2015) India HIV Estimations 2015: Technical Report, p. 2. New Delhi: National AIDS Control Organisation and National Institute of Medical Statistics, Indian Council of Medical Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India; available at http://naco.gov.in/sites/default/files/India%20HIV%20Estimations%202015.pdf
20. Coates, J, Swindale, A & Bilinsky, P (2007) Household Food Insecurity Access Scale (HFIAS) for Measurement of Food Access: Indicator Guide (v. 3
). Washington DC: Food and Nutrition Technical Assistance Project, Academy for Educational Development.
21. Sethi, V, Maitra, C, Avula, R et al. (2017) Internal validity and reliability of experience-based household food insecurity scales in Indian settings. Agric Food Secur 6, 21
22. van Elsland, SL, van der Hoeven, M, Joshi, S et al. (2012) Pressure cooker ownership and food security in Aurangabad, India. Public Health Nutr 15, 818–826.
23. Normen, L, Chan, K, Braitstein, P et al. (2005) Food insecurity and hunger are prevalent among HIV-positive individuals in British Columbia, Canada. J Nutr 135, 820–825.
24. Tsai, AC, Bangsberg, DR, Emenyonu, N et al. (2011) The social context of food insecurity among persons living with HIV/AIDS in rural Uganda. Soc Sci Med 73, 1717–1724.
25. Bukusuba, J, Kikafunda, JK & Whitehead, RG (2007) Food security status in households of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) in a Ugandan urban setting. Br J Nutr 98, 211–217.
26. Triant, VA, Meigs, JB & Grinspoon, SK (2009) Association of C-reactive protein and HIV infection with acute myocardial infarction. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51, 268–273.
27. Gilotra, TS & Geraci, SA (2017) C-reactive protein as an independent cardiovascular risk predictor in HIV+ patients: a focused review of published studies. J Clin Med Res 9, 891–899.
28. Grund, B, Baker, JV, Deeks, SG et al. (2016) Relevance of interleukin-6 and d-dimer for serious non-AIDS morbidity and death among HIV-positive adults on suppressive antiretroviral therapy. PloS One 11, e0155100.
29. Althoff, KN, Smit, M, Reiss, P et al. (2016) HIV and ageing: improving quantity and quality of life. Curr Opin HIV AIDS 11, 527–536.
30. Chandrasekhar, S, Aguayo, VM, Krishna, V et al. (2017) Household food insecurity and children’s dietary diversity and nutrition in India. Evidence from the comprehensive nutrition survey in Maharashtra. Matern Child Nutr 13, Suppl. 2, e12447.