This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. RJ Guidotti (2000) Anaemia in pregnancy in developing countries. BJOG 107, 437–438.
6. PN Singla , M Tyagi , R Shankar , D Dash & A Kumar (1996) Fetal iron status in maternal anemia. Acta Paediatr 85, 1327–1330.
8. LH Allen (1997) Pregnancy and iron deficiency: unresolved issues. Nut Rev 55, 91–101.
10. TT Lao , EP Loong , RK Chin , CW Lam & YM Lam (1991) Relationship between newborn and maternal iron status and haematological indices. Biol Neonate 60, 303–307.
11. M Olivares , S Llaguno , V Marin , E Hertrampf , P Mena & M Milad (1992) Iron status in low-birth-weight infants, small and appropriate for gestational age. A follow up study. Acta Paediatr 81, 824–828.
12. MD Williams & MS Wheby (1992) Anemia in pregnancy. Med Clin North Am 76, 631–647.
18. KS Scanlon , R Yip , LA Schieve & ME Cogswell (2000) High and low haemoglobin levels during pregnancy: differential risks for preterm birth and small for gestational age. Obstet Gynecol 96, 741–748.
22. H Foy & A Kondi (1961) Report on incidence, aetiology, treatment and prophylaxis of the anaemias in the Seychelles: a study in iron-deficiency anaemias and ancylostomiasis in the tropics. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 55, 25–45.
26. JD Cook , CH Flowers & BS Skikne (2003) The quantitative assessment of body iron. Blood 101, 3359–3364.
29. PW Davidson , JJ Strain , GJ Myers (2008) Neurodevelopmental effects of maternal nutritional status and exposure to methylmercury from eating fish during pregnancy. Neurotoxicology 29, 767–775.
30. FM Rioux & CP LeBlanc (2007) Iron supplementation during pregnancy: what are the risks and benefits of current practices? A review. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 32, 282–288.
31. M Nybo , L Friis-Hansen , P Felding & N Milman (2007) Higher prevalence of anemia among pregnant immigrant women compared to pregnant ethnic Danish women. Ann Hematol 86, 647–651.
32. JW Choi , CS Kim & SH Pai (2000) Erythropoietic activity and soluble transferrin receptor level in neonates and maternal blood. Acta Paediatr 89, 675–679.
33. T Tamura , RL Goldenberg , KE Johnston , SP Cliver & CA Hickey (1996) Serum ferritin: a predictor of early spontaneous preterm delivery. Obstet Gynecol 87, 360–365.
34. K Madhavan Nair , P Bhaskaram , N Balakrishna , P Ravinder & B Sesikeran (2004) Response of hemoglobin, serum ferritin, and serum transferrin receptor during iron supplementation in pregnancy: a prospective study. Nutrition 20, 896–899.
35. S Ziaei , M Mehrnia & S Faghihzadeh (2008) Iron status markers in nonanemic pregnant women with and without iron supplementation. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 100, 130–132.
40. A Akesson , P Bjellerup , M Berglund , K Bremme & M Vahter (2002) Soluble transferrin receptor: longitudinal assessment from pregnancy to postlactation. Obstet Gynecol 99, 260–266.
43. H Kesa & W Oldewage-Theron (2005) Anthropometric indications and nutritional intake of women in the Vaal Triangle, South Africa. Public Health 119, 294–300.
44. PC Hindmarsh , MP Geary , CH Rodeck , MR Jackson & JC Kingdom (2000) Effect of early maternal iron stores on placental weight and structure. Lancet 356, 719–723.
45. MB Zimmermann & RF Hurrell (2007) Nutritional iron deficiency. Lancet 370, 511–520.
49. MJ Gaspar , RM Ortega & O Moreiras (1993) Relationship between iron status in pregnant women and their newborn babies. Investigation in a Spanish population. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 72, 534–537.
50. N Milman , KK Ibsen & JM Christensen (1987) Serum ferritin and iron status in mothers and newborn infants. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 66, 205–211.
51. J Zittoun , I Blot , C Hill , R Zittoun , E Papiernik & G Tchernia (1983) Iron supplements versus placebo during pregnancy: its effects on iron and folate status on mothers and newborns. Ann Nutr Metab 27, 320–327.
52. N Milman , AO Agger & OJ Nielson (1994) Iron status markers and serum erythropoietin in 120 mothers and newborn infants. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 73, 200–204.
53. N Milman (1996) Serum ferritin in Danes: studies of iron status from infancy to old age, during blood donation and pregnancy. A review. Int J Hematol 63, 103–135.