This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. BM Kurth & A Schaffrath-Rossario (2007) The prevalence of overweight and obese children and adolescents living in Germany. Results of the German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents (KiGGS). Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50, 736–743.
2. K Kromeyer-Hauschild , M Wabitsch , D Kunze (2001) Perzentile für den Body-mass-Index für das Kindes- und Jugendalter unter Heranziehung verschiedener deutscher Stichproben. Monatsschr Kinderheilkd 149, 807–818.
3. T Lobstein & ML Frelut (2003) Prevalence of overweight among children in Europe. Obes Rev 4, 195–200.
4. CB Ebbeling , DB Pawlak & DS Ludwig (2002) Childhood obesity: public-health crisis, common sense cure. Lancet 360, 473–482.
5. CE Flodmark , C Marcus & M Britton (2006) Interventions to prevent obesity in children and adolescents: a systematic literature review. Int J Obes (Lond) 30, 579–589.
7. B Swinburn , G Egger & F Raza (1999) Dissecting obesogenic environments: the development and application of a framework for identifying and prioritizing environmental interventions for obesity. Prev Med 29, 563–570.
9. DL Franko , RH Striegel-Moore , D Thompson , SG Affenito , GB Schreiber , SR Daniels & PB Crawford (2007) The relationship between meal frequency and body mass index in black and white adolescent girls: more is less. Int J Obes (Lond) 32, 23–29.
10. TA Nicklas , SJ Yang , T Baranowski , I Zakeri & G Berenson (2003) Eating patterns and obesity in children. The Bogalusa Heart Study. Am J Prev Med 25, 9–16.
11. DJ Jenkins , TM Wolever , V Vuksan (1989) Nibbling versus gorging: metabolic advantages of increased meal frequency. N Engl J Med 321, 929–934.
12. AM Toschke , H Kuchenhoff , B Koletzko & R von Kries (2005) Meal frequency and childhood obesity. Obes Res 13, 1932–1938.
13. CS Berkey , HR Rockett , MW Gillman , AE Field & GA Colditz (2003) Longitudinal study of skipping breakfast and weight change in adolescents. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27, 1258–1266.
14. A Sjoberg , L Hallberg , D Hoglund & L Hulthen (2003) Meal pattern, food choice, nutrient intake and lifestyle factors in The Goteborg Adolescence Study. Eur J Clin Nutr 57, 1569–1578.
16. K Kromeyer-Hauschild , K Zellner , U Jaeger & H Hoyer (1999) Prevalence of overweight and obesity among school children in Jena (Germany). Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 23, 1143–1150.
17. K Zellner , K Kromeyer & U Jaeger (1996) Growth studies in Jena, Germany: historical background and secular changes in stature and weight in children 7–14 years. Am J Hum Biol 8, 371–382.
20. TJ Cole & PJ Green (1992) Smoothing reference centile curves: the LMS method and penalized likelihood. Stat Med 11, 1305–1319.
22. HH Maes , MC Neale & LJ Eaves (1997) Genetic and environmental factors in relative body weight and human adiposity. Behav Genet 27, 325–351.
26. D Neumark-Sztainer , PJ Hannan , M Story , J Croll & C Perry (2003) Family meal patterns: associations with sociodemographic characteristics and improved dietary intake among adolescents. J Am Diet Assoc 103, 317–322.
30. D Neumark-Sztainer , M Wall , M Story & JA Fulkerson (2004) Are family meal patterns associated with disordered eating behaviors among adolescents? J Adolesc Health 35, 350–359.
31. KR Westerterp & AH Goris (2002) Validity of the assessment of dietary intake: problems of misreporting. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 5, 489–493.
32. JA Pryer , M Vrijheid , R Nichols , M Kiggins & P Elliott (1997) Who are the ‘low energy reporters’ in the dietary and nutritional survey of British adults? Int J Epidemiol 26, 146–154.
33. BL Heitmann & L Lissner (1995) Dietary underreporting by obese individuals – is it specific or non-specific? BMJ 311, 986–989.