This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
6. EL Vyth , IH Steenhuis , SF Mallant et al. (2009) A front-of-pack nutrition logo: a quantitative and qualitative process evaluation in the Netherlands. J Health Commun 14, 631–645.
7. J Switt (2007) Labeling around the globe: helping to direct food flow. J Am Diet Assoc 107, 199–200.
11. H Schofield & S Mullainathan (2008) The psychology of nutrition messages. Adv Health Econ Health Serv Res 19, 145–172.
12. E van Kleef , H van Trijp , F Paeps et al. (2008) Consumer preferences for front-of-pack calories labelling. Public Health Nutr 11, 203–213.
14. AM Lando & J Labiner-Wolfe (2007) Helping consumers make more healthful food choices: consumer views on modifying food labels and providing point-of-purchase nutrition information at quick-service restaurants. J Nutr Educ Behav 39, 157–163.
15. GI Feunekes , IA Gortemaker , AA Willems et al. (2008) Front-of-pack nutrition labelling: testing effectiveness of different nutrition labelling formats front-of-pack in four European countries. Appetite 50, 57–70.
17. CA Roberto , PD Larsen , H Agnew et al. (2010) Evaluating the impact of menu labeling on food choices and intake. Am J Public Health 100, 312–318.
18. WK Kim & J Kim (2009) A study on the consumer's perception of front-of-pack nutrition labeling. Nutr Res Pract 3, 300–306.
19. B Kelly , C Hughes , K Chapman et al. (2009) Consumer testing of the acceptability and effectiveness of front-of-pack food labelling systems for the Australian grocery market. Health Promot Int 24, 120–129.
21. A Möser , C Hoefkens , J Van Camp et al. (2010) Simplified nutrient labelling: consumers’ perceptions in Germany and Belgium. J Verbrauch Lebensm 5, 169–180.
23. I Borgmeier & J Westenhoefer (2009) Impact of different food label formats on healthiness evaluation and food choice of consumers: a randomized-controlled study. BMC Public Health 9, 184.
25. JC Andrews , S Burton & J Kees (2012) Is simpler always better? Consumer evaluations of front-of-package nutrition symbols. J Public Policy Mark 30, 175–190.
26. G Jones & M Richardson (2007) An objective examination of consumer perception of nutrition information based on healthiness ratings and eye movements. Public Health Nutr 10, 238–244.
28. G Sacks , M Rayner & B Swinburn (2009) Impact of front-of-pack ‘traffic-light’ nutrition labelling on consumer food purchases in the UK. Health Promot Int 24, 344–352.
29. P Chandon & B Wansink (2007) The biasing health halos of fast-food restaurant health claims: lower calorie estimates and higher side-dish consumption intentions. J Consum Res 34, 301–314.
30. IH Steenhuis , W Kroeze , EL Vyth et al. (2010) The effects of using a nutrition logo on consumption and product evaluation of a sweet pastry. Appetite 55, 707–709.
31. AC Drichoutis , P Lazaridis & RM Nayga (2009) Would consumers value food-away-from-home products with nutritional labels? Agribusiness 25, 550–575.
32. S Bialkova & H van Trijp (2010) What determines consumer attention to nutrition labels? Food Qual Prefer 21, 1042–1051.
33. JE Lang , N Mercer , D Tran et al. (2000) Use of a supermarket shelf-labeling program to educate a predominately minority community about foods that promote heart health. J Am Diet Assoc 100, 804–809.
34. RW Jeffery , PL Pirie , BS Rosenthal et al. (1982) Nutrition education in supermarkets: an unsuccessful attempt to influence knowledge and product sales. J Behav Med 5, 189–200.
35. DL Katz , VY Njike , LQ Rhee et al. (2010) Performance characteristics of NuVal and the Overall Nutritional Quality Index (ONQI). Am J Clin Nutr 91, issue 4, 1102S–1108S.
36. DL Katz , VY Njike , Z Faridi et al. (2009) The stratification of foods on the basis of overall nutritional quality: the overall nutritional quality index. Am J Health Promot 24, 133–143.
37. JP Berning , HH Chouinard , KC Manning et al. (2010) Identifying consumer preferences for nutrition information on grocery store shelf labels. Food Policy 35, 429–436.
38. LA Sutherland , LA Kaley & L Fischer (2010) Guiding stars: the effect of a nutrition navigation program on consumer purchases at the supermarket. Am J Clin Nutr 91, issue 4, 1090S–1094S.
39. KG Grunert , JM Wills & L Fernandez-Celemin (2010) Nutrition knowledge, and use and understanding of nutrition information on food labels among consumers in the UK. Appetite 55, 177–189.
41. L Young & B Swinburn (2002) Impact of the Pick the Tick food information programme on the salt content of food in New Zealand. Health Promot Int 17, 13–19.
43. RH Eckel , S Borra , AH Lichtenstein et al. (2007) Understanding the complexity of trans fatty acid reduction in the American diet: American Heart Association Trans Fat Conference 2006: Report of the Trans Fat Conference Planning Group. Circulation 115, 2231–2246.
44. EL Vyth , IH Steenhuis , AJ Roodenburg et al. (2010) Front-of-pack nutrition label stimulates healthier product development: a quantitative analysis. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 7, 65.