This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. E Lea (2005) Food, health, the environment and consumers’ dietary choices. Nutr Diet 62, 21–25.
8. HNJ Schifferstein & PAM Oude Pphuis (1998) Health-related determinants of organic food consumption in the Netherlands. Food Qual Prefer 9, 119–133.
9. R Shepherd , M Magnusson & PO Sjoden (2005) Determinants of consumer behavior related to organic foods. Ambio 34, 352–359.
10. PJ Byrne , JR Bacon & UC Toensmeyer (1994) Pesticide residue concerns and shopping location likelihood. Agribusiness 10, 491–501.
11. CL Huang (1996) Consumer preferences and attitudes towards organically grown produce. Eur Rev Agric Econ 23, 331–342.
12. MK Magnusson , A Arvola , UK Hursti et al. (2003) Choice of organic foods is related to perceived consequences for human health and to environmentally friendly behaviour. Appetite 40, 109–117.
13. A Velimirov , M Huber , C Lauridsen et al. (2009) Feeding trials in organic food quality and health research. J Sci Food Agric 90, 175–182.
14. AD Dangour , SK Dodhia , A Hayter et al. (2009) Nutritional quality of organic foods: a systematic review. Am J Clin Nutr 90, 680–685.
16. AD Dangour , K Lock , A Hayter et al. (2010) Nutrition-related health effects of organic foods: a systematic review. Am J Clin Nutr 92, 203–210.
17. F Magkos , F Arvaniti & A Zampelas (2003) Organic food: nutritious food or food for thought? A review of the evidence. Int J Food Sci Nutr 54, 357–371.
18. K Woese , D Lange , C Boess et al. (1997) A comparison of organically and conventionally grown foods – results of a review of the relevant literature. J Sci Food Agric 74, 281–293.
19. L Grinder-Pedersen , SE Rasmussen , S Bugel et al. (2003) Effect of diets based on foods from conventional versus organic production on intake and excretion of flavonoids and markers of antioxidative defense in humans. J Agric Food Chem 51, 5671–5676.
20. I Kummeling , C Thijs , M Huber et al. (2008) Consumption of organic foods and risk of atopic disease during the first 2 years of life in the Netherlands. Br J Nutr 99, 598–605.
22. J Olsen , M Melbye , SF Olsen et al. (2001) The Danish National Birth Cohort – its background, structure and aim. Scand J Public Health 29, 300–307.
23. SF Olsen , TB Mikkelsen , VK Knudsen et al. (2007) Data collected on maternal dietary exposures in the Danish National Birth Cohort. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 21, 76–86.
25. K Overvad , A Tjonneland , J Haraldsdottir et al. (1991) Development of a semiquantitative food frequency questionnaire to assess food, energy and nutrient intake in Denmark. Int J Epidemiol 20, 900–905.
28. S Friis , S Kruger Kjaer , C Stripp et al. (1997) Reproducibility and relative validity of a self-administered semiquantitative food frequency questionnaire applied to younger women. J Clin Epidemiol 50, 303–311.
29. TB Mikkelsen , M Osler & SF Olsen (2006) Validity of protein, retinol, folic acid and n-3 fatty acid intakes estimated from the food-frequency questionnaire used in the Danish National Birth Cohort. Public Health Nutr 9, 771–778.
30. TB Mikkelsen , SF Olsen , SE Rasmussen et al. (2007) Relative validity of fruit and vegetable intake estimated by the food frequency questionnaire used in the Danish National Birth Cohort. Scand J Public Health 35, 172–179.
31. TI Halldorsson , I Thorsdottir , HM Meltzer et al. (2009) Dioxin-like activity in plasma among Danish pregnant women: dietary predictors, birth weight and infant development. Environ Res 109, 22–28.
32. TI Halldorsson , HM Meltzer , I Thorsdottir et al. (2007) Is high consumption of fatty fish during pregnancy a risk factor for fetal growth retardation? A study of 44,824 Danish pregnant women. Am J Epidemiol 166, 687–696.
33. TI Halldorsson , I Thorsdottir , HM Meltzer et al. (2008) Linking exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls with fatty fish consumption and reduced fetal growth among Danish pregnant women: a cause for concern? Am J Epidemiol 168, 958–965.
34. AK Klemmensen , A Tabor , ML Østerdal et al. (2009) Intake of vitamin C and E in pregnancy and risk of pre-eclampsia: prospective study among 57,346 women. BJOG 116, 964–974.
35. VK Knudsen , HS Hansen , L Ovesen et al. (2007) Iron supplement use among Danish pregnant women. Public Health Nutr 10, 1104–1110.
36. TB Mikkelsen , M Osler , I Orozova-Bekkevold et al. (2006) Association between fruit and vegetable consumption and birth weight: a prospective study among 43,585 Danish women. Scand J Public Health 34, 616–622.
37. TB Mikkelsen , ML Osterdal , VK Knudsen et al. (2008) Association between a Mediterranean-type diet and risk of preterm birth among Danish women: a prospective cohort study. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87, 325–330.
39. ML Osterdal , M Strom , AK Klemmensen et al. (2009) Does leisure time physical activity in early pregnancy protect against pre-eclampsia? Prospective cohort in Danish women. BJOG 116, 98–107.
40. M Strom , EL Mortensen , TI Halldorsson et al. (2009) Fish and long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid intakes during pregnancy and risk of postpartum depression: a prospective study based on a large national birth cohort. Am J Clin Nutr 90, 149–155.
41. S Wold , K Esbensen & P Geladi (1987) Principal component analysis. Chemometr Intell Lab 2, 37–52.
46. M Wier , K O'Doherty Jensen , LM Andersen et al. (2008) The character of demand in mature organic food markets: Great Britain and Denmark compared. Food Policy 33, 406–421.
50. H Torjusen , AL Brantsaeter , M Haugen et al. (2010) Characteristics associated with organic food consumption during pregnancy; data from a large cohort of pregnant women in Norway. BMC Public Health 10, 775.
51. BM Onyango (2007) Purchasing organic food in US food systems – a study of attitudes and practice. Br Food J 109, 399–411.