1. Zhang, Y, Leung, DY, Richers, BN et al. (2012) Vitamin D inhibits monocyte/macrophage proinflammatory cytokine production by targeting MAPK phosphatase-1. J Immunol 188, 2127–2135.
2. Holick, MF & Chen, TC (2008) Vitamin D deficiency: a worldwide problem with health consequences. Am J Clin Nutr 87, 1080–1086.
3. Bikle, D (2009) Nonclassic actions of vitamin D. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94, 26–34.
4. Hirani, V, Cumming, RG, Blyth, FM et al. (2013) Vitamin D status among older community dwelling men living in a sunny country and associations with lifestyle factors: the Concord Health and Ageing in Men Project. Sydney. Australia. J Nutr Health Aging 17, 587–593.
5. Lips, P, van Ginkel, FC, Jongen, MJ et al. (1987) Determinants of vitamin D status in patients with hip fracture and in elderly control subjects. Am J Clin Nutr 46, 1005–1010.
6. McKenna, MJ (1992) Differences in vitamin D status between countries in young and the elderly. Am J Med 93, 69–77.
7. Hill, T, Granic, A, Davies, K et al. (2016) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration and its determinants in the very old: the Newcastle 85+ Study. Osteoporos Int 27, 1199–1208.
8. Jacques, PF, Felson, DT, Tucker, KL et al. (1997) Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D and its determinants in an elderly population sample. Am J Clin Nutr 66, 929–936.
9. Jääskeläinen, T, Knekt, P, Marniemi, J et al. (2013) Vitamin D status is associated with sociodemographic factors, lifestyle and metabolic health. Eur J Nutr 52, 513–525.
10. Mateo-Pascual, C, Julián-Viñals, R, Alarcón-Alarcón, T et al. (2014) Vitamin D deficiency in a cohort over 65 years: prevalence and association with sociodemographic and health factors. Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol 49, 210–216.
11. Richter, K, Breitner, S, Webb, AR et al. (2014) Influence of external, intrinsic and individual behaviour variables on serum 25(OH)D in a German survey. J Photochem Photobiol B 140, 120–129.
12. Hirani, V & Primatesta, P (2005) Vitamin D concentrations among people aged 65 years and over living in private households and institutions in England: population survey. Age Ageing 34, 485–491.
13. Wyskida, M, Wieczorowska-Tobis, K & Chudek, J (2017) Prevalence and factors promoting the occurrence of vitamin D deficiency in the elderly. Postepy Hig Med Dosw 71, 198–204.
14. Błedowski, P, Mossakowska, M, Chudek, J et al. (2011) Medical, psychological, social and economic aspects of aging in Poland (PolSenior): research assumptions and objectives. Exp Gerontol 46, 1003–1009.
15. Buczkowski, K, Chlabicz, S, Dytfeld, J et al. (2013) Wytyczne dla lekarzy rodzinnych dotyczące suplementacji witaminy D. Forum Medycyny Rodzinnej 7, 55–58.
16. Tuchendler, D & Bolanowski, M (2010) Seasonal variations in serum vitamin D concentrations in human. Endokrynol Otył Zab Przem Mat 6, 36–41.
17. Katz, S, Downs, TD, Cash, HR et al. (1970) Progress in development of the index of ADL. Gerontologist 10, 20–30.
18. Lawton, MP & Brody, EM (1969) Assessment of older people: self-maintaining and instrumental activities of daily living. Gerontologist 9, 179–186.
19. Płudowski, P, Karczmarewicz, E, Bayer, M et al. (2013) Practical guidelines for the supplementation of vitamin D and the treatment of deficits in Central Europe – recommended vitamin D intakes in the general population and groups at risk of vitamin D deficiency. Endokrynol Pol 64, 319–327.
20. Durazo-Arvizu, RA, Dawson-Hughes, B, Sempos, CT et al. (2010) Three-phase model harmonizes estimates of the maximal suppression of parathyroid hormone by 25-hydroxyvitamin D in persons 65 years of age and older. J Nutr 140, 595–599.
21. Kudlacek, S, Schneider, B, Peterlik, M et al. (2003) Assessment of vitamin D and calcium status in healthy adult Austrians. Eur J Clin Invest 33, 323–331.
22. Brouwer-Brolsma, EM, Vaes, AM, van der Zwaluw, NL et al. (2016) Relative importance of summer sun exposure, vitamin D intake, and genes to vitamin D status in Dutch older adults: the B-PROOF study. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 164, 168–176.
23. McCarroll, K, Beirn, A, Casey, M et al. (2015) Determinants of 25-hydroxyvitamin D in older Irish adults. Age Ageing 44, 847–853.
24. Jungert, A & Neuhäuser-Berthold, M (2015) Sex-specific determinants of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 concentrations in an elderly German cohort: a cross-sectional study. Nutr Metab (Lond) 12, 2.
25. Rabenberg, M, Scheid-Nave, C, Busch, MA et al. (2015) Vitamin D status among adults in Germany – results from the German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Adults (DEGS1). BMC Public Health 15, 641.
26. Failler, P (2007) Future Prospects for Fish and Fishery Products. 4. Fish Consumption in the European Union in 2015 and 2030. Part 1. European Overview. FAO Fisheries Circular no. 972/4, Part 1. Rome: FAO.
27. Kołodziejczyk, M (2007) Spożycie ryb I przetworów rybnych w Polsce – analiza korzyści I zagrożeń. ROCZN PZH 58, 287–293.
28. Kunachowicz, H (2005)
Tabele Składu i Wartości Odżywczej Żywności
. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Lekarskie PZWL.
29. Lebiedzinsk, A, Rypina, M, Czaja, J et al. (2010) Analysis of vitamin D content in daily food rations of Polish adults. Bromat Chem Toksykol 3, 255–259.
30. Heaney, RP, Davies, KM, Chen, TC et al. (2003) Human serum 25-hydroxycholecalciferol response to extended oral dosing with cholecalciferol. Am J Clin Nutr 77, 204–210.
31. Oversen, L, Andersen, R & Jakobsen, J (2003) Geographical differences in vitamin D status, with particular reference to European countries. Proc Nutr Soc 62, 813–821.
33. Lee, K (2012) Sex-specific relationships between alcohol consumption and vitamin D levels: the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2009. Nutr Res Pract 6, 86–89.
34. Information Portal of Central Statistical Office of Poland (2012) Air temperatures, atmospheric precipitation, wind velocity, insolation and cloudiness recorded in meteorological stations – data of the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management. http://www.stat.gov.pl/cps/rde/xbcr/wroc/ASSETS_11w_01_09.pdf (accessed December 2016).
35. Brock, K, Huang, WY, Fraser, DR et al. (2010) Low vitamin D status is associated with physical inactivity, obesity and low vitamin D intake in a large US sample of healthy middle-aged men and women. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 121, 462–466.
36. Kojima, G, Tamai, A, Masaki, K et al. (2013) Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency and association with functional status in newly admitted male veteran nursing home residents. J Am Geriatr Soc 6, 1953–1957.
37. Gloth, FM, Smith, CE, Hollis, BW et al. (1995) Functional improvement with vitamin D replenishment in a cohort of frail, vitamin D deficient older people. J Am Geriatr Soc 43, 1269–1271.
38. Calvo, MS, Whiting, SJ & Barton, CN (2005) Vitamin D intake: a global perspective of current status. J Nutr 135, 310–316.