This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. G. B. Prange , M. J. Jannink , G. G. Groothuis-Oudshoorn , H. J. Hermens , M. J. Ijzerman , “Systematic review of the effect of robot-aided therapy on recovery of the hemiparetic arm after stroke,” J. Rehabil. Res. Dev. 43 (2), 171–184 (2006).
3. J. Yoon , B. Novandy , C. Yoon and K. Park , “A 6-DOF gait rehabilitation robot with upper and lower-limb connections that allows walking velocity updates on various terrains,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatronics 15 (2), 201–215 (2010).
4. A. V. Nene , H. J. Hermens and G. Zilvold , “Paraplegic locomotion: A review,” Spinal Cord 34 (9), 507–524 (1996).
6. R. Kobetic , C. S. To , J. R. Schnellenberger , M. L. Audu and T. C. Bulea , “Development of hybrid orthosis for standing, walking, and stair climbing after spinal cord injury,” J. Rehabil. Res. Dev. 46 (3), 447–462 (2009).
7. M. Y. Zarrugh and C. W. Radcliffe , “Simulation of swing phase dynamics in above-knee prostheses,” J. Biomech. 9 (5), 283–292 (1976).
8. D. Jin , R. Zhang , H. O. Dimo , R. Wang and J. Zhang , “Kinematic and dynamic performance of prosthetic knee joint using six-bar mechanism,” J. Rehabil. Res. Dev. 40 (1), 39–48 (2003).
9. J. E. Pratt , B. T. Krupp , C. J. Morse and S. H. Collins , “The RoboKnee: An Exoskeleton for Enhancing Strength and Endurance During Walking”, Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, New Orleans, LA, USA (Apr. 26–May 01, 2004) pp. 2430–2435.
11. S. Mefoued , S. Mohammed and Y. Amirat , “Knee Joint Movement Assistance Through Robust Control of an Actuated Orthosis,” 2011 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, September 25–30, San Francisco, CA, USA (2011).
13. G. Belforte , L. Gastaldi and M. Sorli , “Pneumatic active gait orthosis,” Mechatronics 11, 301–323 (2001).
14. J. F. Veneman , R. Ekkelenkamp , R. Kruidhof , F. C. T. van der Helm and H. van der Kooij , “A series elastic- and Bowden-cable-based, actuation system for use as torque actuator, in exoskeleton-type robots,” Int. J. Robot. Res. 25 (3), 261–281 (Mar. 2006).
16. J. S. Sulzer , R. A. Roiz , M. A. Peshkin and J. L. Patton , “A highly backdrivable, lightweight knee actuator for investigating gait in stroke,” IEEE Trans. Robot. 25 (3) 539–548 (Jun. 2009).
17. P. W. Duncan , K. J. Sullivan , A. L. Behrman , S. P. Azen , S. S. Wu , S. E. Nadeau , B. H. Dobkin , D. K. Rose , J. K. Tilson , S. Cen , S. K. Hayden , “Body-weight–supported treadmill rehabilitation after stroke,” New England J. Med. 364 (21), 2026–2036 (2011).
18. T. G. Hornby , D. D. Campbell , J. H. Kahn , T. Demott , J. L. Moore and H. R. Roth , “Enhanced gait-related improvements after therapist- versus robotic-assisted locomotor training in subjects with chronic stroke: a randomized controlled study,” Stroke 39 (6), 1786–1792 (2008).
19. T. Yakimovich , E. D. Lemaire and J. Kofman , “Engineering design review of stance-control knee-ankle-foot orthoses,” J. Rehabil. Res. Dev. 46 (2), 257–268 (2009).
23. Y. Hwang , J. Yoon Christiand and J. Ryu , “The Optimum Design of a 6-DOF Parallel Manipulator with Large Orientation Workspace,” Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2007), Rome, Italy (Apr. 10–14, 2007), pp. 163–168.
25. S. Hassan and J. Yoon , “Virtual Maintenance System with a Two-Staged Ant colony Optimization Algorithm”, Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2011), Shanghai International Conference Center, Shanghai, China (May 9–13, 2011), pp. 931–936.
27. M. Arsenault and R. Boudreau , “The synthesis of three-degree-of-freedom planar parallel mechanisms with revolute joints (3-RRR) for an optimal singularity-free workspace,” J. Robot. Syst. 21 (5), 259–274 (2004).
28. K. Y. Tsai and K. D. Huang , “The design of isotropic 6-DOF parallel manipulators using isotropy generators,” Mech. Mach. Theory 38, 1199–1214 (2003).
29. B. T. Volpe , H. I. Krebs , N. Hogan , L. Edelstein , C. Diels and M. Aisen , “A novel approach to stroke rehabilitation: Robot-aided sensorimotor stimulation,” Neurology 54 (10), 1983–1944 (2000).
30. B. T. Volpe , H. I. Krebs and N. Hogan , “Is robot-aided sensorimotor training in stroke rehabilitation a realistic option?,” Curr. Option Neurology 14, 745–752 (2001).
31. G. G. Fluet and J. E. Deutsch , “Virtual reality for sensorimotor rehabilitation post-stroke: The promise and current state of the field,” Curr. Phys. Med. Rehabil. Rep. 1, 9–20 (2013).
32. B. B. Johansson , “Brain plasticity and stroke rehabilitation: The will is lecture,” Stroke 31, 223–230 (2000).