This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. K. M. Reavis and W. S. Melvin , “Advanced endoscopic technologies,” Surg. Endosc. 22, 1533–1546 (2008).
2. M. F. McGee , M. J. Rosen , J. Marks , R. P. Onders , A. Chak , A. Faulx , V. K. Chen and J. Ponsky , “A primer on natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery: Building a new paradigm,” Surg. Innovation 13, 86–93 (2006).
3. G. J. Iddan and C. P. Swain , “History and development of capsule endoscopy,” Gastrointest. Endosc. 14, 1–9 (2004).
4. G. Iddan , G. Meron , A. Glukhoysky and P. Swain , “Wireless capsule endoscopy,” Nature 405, 405–417 (2000).
5. A. Moglia , A. Menciassi , M. O. Schurr and P. Dario , “Wireless capsule endoscopy: From diagnostic devices to multipurpose robotic systems,” Biomed. Microdevices 9, 235–243 (2007).
6. A. Moglia , A. Menciassia , P. Dario and A. Cuschieri , “Clinical update: Endoscopy for small-bowel tumors”, The Lancet 370, 114–116 (2007).
8. A. Menciassi , M. Quirini and P. Dario , “Microrobotics for future gastrointestinal endoscopy,” Minim. Invasive Therapy Allied Technol. 16, 91–100 (2007).
10. M. Quirini , S. Scapellato , A. Menciassi , P. Dario , F. Rieber , C. N. Ho , S. Schostek and M. O. Schurr , “Feasibility proof of a legged locomotion capsule for the GI tract,” Gastrointest. Endosc. 67, 1153–1158 (2008).
12. R. Sidhu , D. S. Sanders and M. E. McAlindon , “Gastrointestinal capsule endoscopy: From tertiary centres to primary care,” Br. Med. J. 332, 528–531 (2006).
13. F. Carpi , S. Galbiati and A. Carpi , “Controlled navigation of endoscopic capsules: Concept and preliminary experimental investigations,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. 54, 2028–2036 (2007).
17. J. J. Abbott , O. Ergeneman , M. P. Kummer , A. M. Hirt and B. J. Nelson , “Modeling magnetic torque and force for controlled manipulation of soft-magnetic bodies,” IEEE Trans. Robot. 23, 1247–1252 (2007).
18. S. Tamaz , R. Gourdeau , A. Chanu , J. B. Mathieu and S. Martel , “Real-time MRI-based control of a ferromagnetic core for endovascular navigation,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. 55, 1854–1863 (2008).
20. J. S. Agashe and D. P. Arnold , “A study of scaling and geometry effects on the forces between cuboidal and cylindrical magnets using analytical force solution,” J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 41, 105001-1-9 (2008).
21. B. Manz , M. Benecke and F. Volke , “A simple, small and low cost permanent magnet design to produce homogeneusmagnetic fields,” J. Magn. Reson. 192, 131–138 (2008).