1. Zhang, J., Liu, W. and Wu, Y., “Novel technique for vision-based UAV navigation,” IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst. 47 (4), 2731–2741 (2011).
2. Zhu, K. and Lin, F., “Image Super-Resolution Reconstruction by Sparse Decomposition and Scale-Invariant Feature Retrieval in Micro-UAV Stereo Vision,” Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation ICCA, Taichung, Taiwan Image (Jun. 18–20, 2014) pp. 705–710.
3. Azevedo, V. B., De Souza, A. F., Veronese, L. P., Badue, C. and Berger, M., “Real-Time Road Surface Mapping Using Stereo Matching, V-Disparity and Machine Learning,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks IJCNN (Aug. 2013) pp. 1–8.
4. Dawadee, A., Chahl, J. and Nandagopal, D. N., “An algorithm for autonomous aerial navigation using landmarks,” J. Aerosp. Eng. 29 (May 2016) pp. 1–27.
5. Vetrella, A. R. and Fasano, G., “Cooperative UAV Navigation Under Nominal GPS Coverage and in GPS-Challenging Environments,” Proceedings of the IEEE 2nd International Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry Leveraging a Better Tomorrow RTSI (Sep. 2016), pp. 1–5.
6. Skulstad, R., Syversen, C. L., Merz, M., Sokolova, N., Fossen, T. I. and Johansen, T. A., “Net Recovery of UAV with Single-Frequency RTK GPS,” Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference (Mar. 2015), pp. 1–10.
7. Aditya, A., “Implementation of a 4D Fast SLAM Including Volumetric Sum of the UAV,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Sensing Technology ICST (2012) pp. 78–83.
8. Wu, J., Fei, W. and Li, Q., “An Integrated Measure and Location Method Based on Airborne 2D Laser Scanning Sensor for UAV's Power Line Inspection,” Proceedings of the 5th Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation ICMTMA (2013) pp. 213–217.
9. Li, R., Liu, J., Zhang, L. and Hang, Y., “LIDAR/MEMS IMU Integrated Navigation (SLAM) Method for a Small UAV in Indoor Environments,” Proceedings of the IEEE DGON Inertial Sensors and Systems ISS (Sep. 2014) pp. 1–15.
10. Wang, F., Wang, K., Lai, S., Phang, S. K., Chen, B. M. and Lee, T. H., “An Efficient UAV Navigation Solution for Confined but Partially Known Indoor Environments,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation ICCA (2014) pp. 1351–1356.
11. Braga, J. R. G., Velho, H. F. D. C. and Shiguemori, E. H., “Estimation of UAV Position Using LiDAR Images for Autonomous Navigation Over the Ocean,” Proceedings of the IEEE 9th International Conference on Sensing Technology ICST, (Dec. 2015) pp. 811–816.
12. Opromolla, R., Fasano, G., Rufino, G., Grassi, M. and Savvaris, A., “LIDAR-Inertial Integration for UAV Localization and Mapping in Complex Environments,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems ICUAS (2016) pp. 649–656.
13. Masuko, K., Takahashi, I., Ogawa, S., Wu, M.-H., Oosedo, A., Matsumoto, T., Go, K., Sugai, F., Konno, A. and Uchiyama, M., “Autonomous Takeoff and Landing of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle,” Proceedings of the IEEE/SICE International Symposium on System Integration (2010) pp. 248–253.
14. Yao, Z., Bin, X., Qiang, Y., Yang, L. and Fu, W., “Autonomous Control System for the Quadrotor Unmanned Aerial Vehicle,” Proceedings of the 31st Chinese Control Conference (Jul. 2012) pp. 4862–4867.
15. Gageik, N., Strohmeier, M. and Montenegro, S., “An autonomous UAV with an optical flow sensor for positioning and navigation,” Int. J. Adv. Robot. Syst. 10, p. 341 (Oct. 2013).
16. More, V., Kumar, H., Kaingade, S., Gaidhani, P. and Gupta, N., “Visual Odometry Using Optic Flow for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Computing and Information Processing CCIP (Mar. 2015) pp. 1–6.
17. Jesus, F. and Ventura, R., “Combining Monocular and Stereo Vision in 6D-SLAM for the Localization of a Tracked Wheel Robot,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics SSRR (Nov. 2012) pp. 1–6.
18. Mattar, E., Al-Mutib, K., Alsulaiman, M., Ramdane, H. and Emaduddin, M., “A Survey: Intelligent Based Mobile Robots Stereo Vision Maps Synthesis and Learning Methodologies,” Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation (2014) pp. 94–98.
19. Moratuwage, D., Wang, D., Rao, A., Senarathne, N. and Wang, H., “RFS collaborative multivehicle slam: Slam in dynamic high-clutter environments,” IEEE Robot. Autom. Mag. 21 (2), 53–59 (2014).
20. Stasse, O., Davison, A., Sellaouti, R. and Yokoi, K., “Real-Time 3D SLAM for Humanoid Robot Considering Pattern Generator Information,” Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (Oct. 2006) pp. 348–355.
21. Ahn, S., Yoon, S., Hyung, S., Kwak, N. and Roh, K. S., “On-Board Odometry Estimation For 3D Vision-Based SLAM of Humanoid Robot,” Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (Oct. 2012) pp. 4006–4012.
22. Lili Meng, C. de Silva, W. and Zhang, Jie, “3D Visual SLAM for an Assistive Robot in Indoor Environments Using RGB-D Cameras,” Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Computer Science & Education (Aug. 2014) pp. 32–37.
23. Fallon, M. F., Folkesson, J., McClelland, H. and Leonard, J. J., “Relocating Underwater Features Autonomously Using Sonar-Based SLAM,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng. 38, 500–513 (Jul. 2013).
24. Hidalgo, F. and Braunl, T., “Review of Underwater SLAM Techniques,” Proceedings of the IEEE 6th International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Applications ICARA (Feb. 2015) pp. 306–311.
25. Thamrin, N. M., Arshad, N. H. M., Adnan, R., Sam, R., Razak, N. A., Misnan, M. F. and Mahmud, S. F., “Simultaneous Localization and Mapping Based Real-Time Inter-Row Tree Tracking Technique for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Control System, Computing and Engineering (Nov. 2012) pp. 322–327.
26. Bryson, M. and Sukkarieh, S., “Observability analysis and active control for airborne SLAM,” IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst. 44, 261–280 (Jan. 2008).
27. Li, R., Liu, J., Zhang, L. and Hang, Y., “LIDAR/MEMS IMU Integrated Navigation (SLAM) Method for a Small UAV in Indoor Environments,” Proceedings of the IEEE DGON Inertial Sensors and Systems ISS (Sep. 2014) pp. 1–15.
28. Durrant-Whyte, H. and Bailey, T., “Simultaneous localization and mapping: Part I,” IEEE Robot. Autom. Mag. 13, 99–110 (Jun. 2006).
29. Bailey, T. and Durrant-Whyte, H., “Simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM): Part II,” IEEE Robot. Autom. Mag. 13, 108–117 (Sep. 2006).
30. Thrun, S., Probabilistic Robotics (The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA; London, UK, 2005).
31. Davison, A. J., Reid, I. D., Molton, N. D. and Stasse, O., “MonoSLAM: Real-time single camera SLAM,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell. 29, 1052–1067 (Jun. 2007).
32. Corke, P., Robotics, Vision and Control, Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics, vol. 73 (Springer, Berlin Heidelberg, 2011).
35. Geraerts, R. J., Sampling-Based Motion Planning: Analysis and Path Quality Ph.D. Thesis (Utrecht University, 2006).
36. Choset, H., “Robotic Motion Planning: Roadmap Methods,” Tech. Rep. 16-735, (Carnegie Mellon University, 2007), Pittsburg, PA, USA, Accessed on 20 August 2016, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~motionplanning/lecture/Chap5-RoadMap-Methods_howie.pdf
37. Choi, H., Kim, Y., Lee, Y. and KIM, E. T., “A reactive collision avoidance algorithm for multiple midair unmanned aerial vehicles,” Trans. Jpn. Soc. Aeronaut. Sp. Sci. 56 (1), 15–24 (2013).
38. Maravall, D., de Lope, J. and Pablo Fuentes, J., “Vision-based anticipatory controller for the autonomous navigation of an UAV using artificial neural networks,” Neurocomputing 151, 101–107 (Mar. 2015).
39. Emel'yanov, S., Makarov, D., Panov, A. I. and Yakovlev, K., “Multilayer cognitive architecture for UAV control,” Cogn. Syst. Res. 39, 58–72 (2016).
40. Thrun, S., “Learning metric-topological maps for indoor mobile robot navigation,” Artif. Intell. 99, 21–71 (Feb. 1998).
41. Park, J., Kim, Y. and Kim, S., “Landing site searching and selection algorithm development using vision system and its application to quadrotor,” IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Technol. 23, 488–503 (Mar. 2015).
42. Cook, Z., Zhao, L., Lee, J. and Yim, W., “Unmanned Aerial System for First Responders,” Proceedings of the IEEE 12th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence URAI (Oct. 2015) pp. 306–310.
44. Brown, M., Szeliski, R. and Winder, S., “Multi-Image Matching Using Multi-Scale Oriented Patches,” Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR, vol. 1 (2005) pp. 510–517.
45. Lowe, D. G., “Distinctive image features from scale-invariant keypoints,” Int. J. Comput. Vis. 60, 91–110 (Nov. 2004).
46. Bay, H., Ess, A., Tuytelaars, T. and Van Gool, L., “Speeded-up robust features (SURF),” Comput. Vis. Image Underst. 110, 346–359 (Jun. 2008).
47. Fischler, M. A. and Bolles, R. C., “Random sample consensus: A paradigm for model fitting with applications to image analysis and automated cartography,” Commun. ACM 24 (6), 381–395 (1981).
48. Besl, P. and McKay, N. D., “A method for registration of 3-D shapes,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach Intell. 14, 239–256 (Feb. 1992).
49. Gold, S., Rangarajan, A., Lu, C.-P., Pappu, S. and Mjolsness, E., “New algorithms for 2D and 3D point matching,” Pattern Recog. 31, 1019–1031 (Aug. 1998).
50. Tsin, Y. and Kanade, T., A Correlation-Based Approach to Robust Point Set Registration (Springer, Berlin Heidelberg, 2004) pp. 558–569.
51. Myronenko, A. and Song, Xubo, “Point set registration: Coherent point drift,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell 32, 2262–2275 (Dec. 2010).
53. Longuet-Higgins, H. C., “A computer algorithm for reconstructing a scene from two projections,” Nature 293, 133–135 (Sep. 1981).
54. Hartley, R. and Ziserman, A., Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision, vol. 2, 2nd ed. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004).
55. Lepetit, V., Moreno-Noguer, F. and Fua, P., “EPNP: An accurate o(n) solution to the PNP problem,” Int. J. Comput. Vis. 81 (2), (2009) pp. 155–166.
56. Makadia, A., Geyer, C. and Daniilidis, K., “Correspondence-free structure from motion,” Int. J. Comput. Vis. 75, 311–327 (Sep. 2007).
57. Lee, J., Lee, K., Park, S., Im, S. and Park, J., “Obstacle avoidance for small UAVs using monocular vision,” Aircr. Aerosp. Technol. 83, 397–406 (Oct. 2011).
58. Ferworn, A., Herman, S., Tran, J., Ufkes, A. and Mcdonald, R., “Disaster Scene Reconstruction: Modeling And Simulating Urban Building Collapse Rubble Within A Game Engine,” Proceedings of the Summer Computer Simulation Conference SCSC, Vista, CA (Society for Modeling, Simulation International, 2013) pp. 18:1–18:6.
59. Omari, S., Bloesch, M., Gohl, P. and Siegwart, R., “Dense Visual-Inertial Navigation System For Mobile Robots,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Robotics and Automation ICRA (2015) pp. 2634–2640.
60. Carloni, R., Lippiello, V., DAuria, M., Fumagalli, M., Mersha, A. Y., Stramigioli, S. and Siciliano, B., “Robot vision: Obstacle-avoidance techniques for unmanned aerial vehicles,” IEEE Robot. Autom. Mag. 20 (4), 22–31 (2013).
61. Harmat, A. and Sharf, I., “Towards Full Omnidirectional Depth Sensing Using Active Vision for Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles,” Proceedings of the Canadian Conference on Computer and Robot Vision (2014) pp. 24–31.
62. Warren Mellinger, D., Trajectory Generation and Control for Quadrotors. Dissertation for Doctor of Philosophy ph.d. thesis (University of Pennsylvania, 2012).
63. Shen, S., Autonomous Navigation In Complex Indoor and Outdoor Environments With Micro Aerial Vehicles. A Dissertation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy Ph.D. Thesis (University of Pennsylvania 2014).
64. Kwon, J.-W., Seo, J. and Kim, J. H., “Multi-UAV-based stereo vision system without GPS for ground obstacle mapping to assist path planning of UGV,” Electron. Lett. 50, 1431–1432 (Sep. 2014).
65. Charrow, B., Information-Theoretic Active For Multi-Robot Teams. A Dissertation for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy Ph.D. Thesis (University of Pennsylvania, 2015).
66. García Carrillo, L. R., Dzul López, A. E., Lozano, R. and Pégard, C., “Combining stereo vision and inertial navigation system for a quad-rotor UAV,” J. Intell. Robot. Syst. 65, 373–387 (Jan. 2012).
67. Lucas, B. D. and Kanade, T., “An Iterative Image Registration Technique With an Application to Stereo Vision,” Proceedings of the 7th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (1981) pp. 674–679.
68. Schneider, J., Schindler, F., Läbe, T. and Förstner, W., “Bundle Adjustment for Multi-Camera Systems with Points at Infinity,” ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, and Spatial Information Sciences, vol. 1–3, (Sep. 2012) pp. 75–80.
69. Vandapel, N., Kuffner, J. and Amidi, O., “Planning 3-D Path Networks in Unstructured Environments,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (2005) pp. 4624–4629.
70. Tomic, T., Schmid, K., Lutz, P., Domel, A., Kassecker, M., Mair, E., Grixa, I., Ruess, F., Suppa, M. and Burschka, D., “Toward a fully autonomous UAV: Research platform for indoor and outdoor urban search and rescue,” IEEE Robot. Autom. Mag. 19 (3), 46–56 (2012).
71. Griesbach, D., Baumbach, D. and Zuev, S., “Stereo-Vision-Aided Inertial Navigation for Unknown Indoor and Outdoor Environments,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation IPIN (Oct. 2014) pp. 709–716.
72. Schauwecker, K. and Zell, A., “On-board dual-stereo-vision for the navigation of an autonomous MAV,” J. Intell. Robot. Syst. 74 (1–2), 1–16 (2014).
73. Schmid, K., Lutz, P., Tomi, T., Mair, E. and Hirschmller, H., “Autonomous vision-based micro air vehicle for indoor and outdoor navigation,” J. Field Robot. 31, 537–570 (Jul. 2014).
74. Fu, C., Carrio, A. and Campoy, P., “Efficient Visual Odometry and Mapping for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Using Arm-Based Stereo Vision Pre-Processing System,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems ICUAS Denver Marriott Tech Center Denver, Colorado, USA (Jun. 9–12, 2015) pp. 957–962.
75. Roma, N., Santos-Victor, J., and Tomé, J., “A Comparative Analysis of Cross-Correlation Matching Algorithms Using a Pyramidal Resolution Approach,” Empir. Eval. Methods Comput. Vis., vol. 6, (2012), pp. 117–142.
76. Jain, R., Kasturi, R. and Schunck, B., Machine Vision. Computer Science Series (USA: McGraw-Hill, 1995).
77. Frontoni, E., Mancini, A. and Zingaretti, P., “UAVs Safe Landing Using Range Images,” Proceedings of the ASME/IEEE International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications, Parts A and B, vol. 3 (2011) pp. 1047–1052.
78. Tweedale, J. W., “Fuzzy Control Loop in an Autonomous Landing System for Unmanned Air Vehicles,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (2012) pp. 1–8.
79. Kim, G. B., Nguyen, T. K., Budiyono, A., Park, J. K., Yoon, K. J. and Shin, J., “Design and development of a class of rotorcraft-based UAV,” Int. J. Adv. Robot. Syst. 10 (2013) pp. 1–9.
80. Budiyono, A., Lee, G., Kim, G. B., Park, J., Kang, T. and Yoon, K. J., “Control system design of a quad-rotor with collision detection,” Aircr. Eng. Aerosp. Technol. 87 (1), 59–66 (2015).
81. Kalman, R. E. et al., “A new approach to linear filtering and prediction problems,” J. Basic Eng. 82, 35–45 (1960).
82. Thrun, S., Brooks, R. and Durrant-Whyte, H., Robotics Research, Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics, vol. 28 (Springer, Berlin Heidelberg, 2007).
83. Yang, S., Scherer, S. A., Yi, X. and Zell, A., “Multi-camera visual SLAM for autonomous navigation of micro aerial vehicles,” Robot. Auton. Syst. 93, 116–134 (2017).
84. Gomez-Ojeda, R., Moreno, F., Scaramuzza, D. and Jiménez, J. G., “PL-SLAM: A Stereo SLAM System Through the Combination of Points and Line Segments,” CoRR. arXiv: 1705.09479, (2017), pp. 1–13.