- ISSN: 0960-1163 EISSN: 1478-5110
- Editors: Dr Emma Griffin University of East Anglia, UK and Professor Andrew Spicer Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Editorial board
VOLUME 51. British Envoys to the Kaiserreich, 1871–1897 (Open Access)
British Envoys to the Kaiserreich, 1871–1897, concentrates on Anglo-German history prior to German Weltpolitik. The first volume presents official diplomatic reports from the British embassy at Berlin (German Empire) and from the four minor – however still independent – diplomatic missions in Darmstadt (Hesse and Baden), Dresden (Saxony), Stuttgart (Württemberg), and Munich (Bavaria) during the years 1871 to 1883. The selection reveals the attitudes of British observers and their perceptions of a wide variety of political, social and cultural developments in a period of great diplomatic activity and changing Anglo-German relations. The dispatches offer new perspectives on Bismarck’s imperial chancellorship, on the integration of the German states into the new Kaiserreich, as well as on the varied British interests in Germany and its regional peculiarities. For a full list of chapters, click here.
- Introducing Precarious Lives and Syrian Refugees in Turkey, an upcoming special issue of New Perspectives on Turkey
- 10 August 2016,
- Since civil war erupted in Syria in 2011, Turkey has become host to the largest number of Syrians fleeing their country—about 2.7 million registered refugees—and...
- Nelson Mandela, the University of the Witwatersrand and the #FeesMustFall movement
- 25 July 2016,
- In a new paper, Nelson Mandela and Wits University in the Journal of African History on Nelson Mandela’s experience as a student at the University of...
- Join the Corporate Constitutionalism Online Discussion
- 27 January 2016,
- This month the journal Itinerario publishes a Discussion Forum about ‘Corporate Constitutionalism’. The Discussion Forum is closely tied to Dr William A.…...