- ISSN: 0960-1163 (Print), 1478-5110 (Online)
- Editors: Dr Emma Griffin University of East Anglia, UK and Professor Andrew Spicer Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Editorial board
VOLUME 51. British Envoys to the Kaiserreich, 1871–1897 (Open Access)
British Envoys to the Kaiserreich, 1871–1897, concentrates on Anglo-German history prior to German Weltpolitik. The first volume presents official diplomatic reports from the British embassy at Berlin (German Empire) and from the four minor – however still independent – diplomatic missions in Darmstadt (Hesse and Baden), Dresden (Saxony), Stuttgart (Württemberg), and Munich (Bavaria) during the years 1871 to 1883. The selection reveals the attitudes of British observers and their perceptions of a wide variety of political, social and cultural developments in a period of great diplomatic activity and changing Anglo-German relations. The dispatches offer new perspectives on Bismarck’s imperial chancellorship, on the integration of the German states into the new Kaiserreich, as well as on the varied British interests in Germany and its regional peculiarities. For a full list of chapters, click here.
- Meet the Editorial Board for Modern American History: Q&A with Madeline Hsu
- 08 February 2017,
- As part of our ongoing blog series introducing the board members of the new Cambridge University Press journal, Modern American History, Madeline Y.…
- Meet the Editorial Board for Modern American History: Q&A with Christopher Capozzola
- 19 January 2017,
- In this installment of our blog series introducing the board members for the new Cambridge University Press journal, Modern American History, Christopher Capozzola...
- Deceived by Orchids
- 09 January 2017,
- The Institute for Historical Research recently selected ten of the “most interesting articles and books” of 2016 and I was delighted to find my BJHS paper Deceived...