- ISSN: 0960-1163 (Print), 1478-5110 (Online)
- Editors: Dr Emma Griffin University of East Anglia, UK and Professor Andrew Spicer Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Editorial board
VOLUME 51. British Envoys to the Kaiserreich, 1871–1897 (Open Access)
British Envoys to the Kaiserreich, 1871–1897, concentrates on Anglo-German history prior to German Weltpolitik. The first volume presents official diplomatic reports from the British embassy at Berlin (German Empire) and from the four minor – however still independent – diplomatic missions in Darmstadt (Hesse and Baden), Dresden (Saxony), Stuttgart (Württemberg), and Munich (Bavaria) during the years 1871 to 1883. The selection reveals the attitudes of British observers and their perceptions of a wide variety of political, social and cultural developments in a period of great diplomatic activity and changing Anglo-German relations. The dispatches offer new perspectives on Bismarck’s imperial chancellorship, on the integration of the German states into the new Kaiserreich, as well as on the varied British interests in Germany and its regional peculiarities. For a full list of chapters, click here.
- Modern American History: Meet the Executive Editors
- 28 November 2016,
- It is surprising that there has been no “big tent” journal devoted to recent U.S. history, a field of great vibrancy and enduring importance.…
- The World of Mr Casaubon
- 24 November 2016,
- The world waits on tenterhooks to discover what kind of leader President-elect Trump will be. Will Trump’s statecraft involve a straightforward implementation...
- The Journal of Ecclesiastical History’s new World Christianities Essay Prize
- 17 November 2016,
- The Journal of Ecclesiastical History has an expansive remit: we publish original research into the history of Christianity broadly conceived, from the ancient...