- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0040-5574 (Print), 1475-4533 (Online)
- Editors: La Donna L. Forsgren University of Notre Dame, USA, and Telory Arendell Missouri State University, USA
- Editorial board
Coming soon: Theatre Survey marks ASTR 2023 with a new collection of articles
We will be spotlighting recently published research in the journal, alongside most-downloaded articles from recent issues. Access (where not already OA) will be free until the end of November 2023. Watch this space..!
A statement from the editorial team
"Theatre Survey stands in solidarity with those protesting the ongoing violence and racism enacted against Black people in the United States, Canada, and elsewhere in the world. As an editorial team, we strive to enact antiracist principles in our stewardship of the journal by, among other things, increasing our efforts to spotlight Black lives, voices, and perspectives. In response to the wider call to share resources, Theatre Survey is 'ungating' several recent articles by Black scholars on Black theatre and performance history. You can access these on the right. The editorial team has important work ahead and we are committed to doing this work. Black Lives Matter."
Brandi Wilkins Catanese (Editor), La Donna L. Forsgren (Associate Editor), Donovan Sherman (Book Review Editor)
- 12 March 2023,
- A colleague asked me this question last week. I wonder… What is a new way to state what’s at stake? That our future will be more and more challenging?…...
- 01 December 2022,
- “Your authors are a microcosm of the state of the world,” Mariellen Sandford wrote me, when I told her of the challenges we faced completing our issue.…...
- 31 October 2022,
- IFTR 2022 in Reykjavik, Iceland gave us the opportunity to meet with Senior Editor of Theatre Research International (TRI) Silvija Jestrovic.…