- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0003-1615 (Print), 1533-6247 (Online)
- Editor: John F. Schwaller University at Albany, SUNY, USA
- Editorial board
Founded in 1944, The Americas has become one of the principal journals of Latin American history. The journal publishes peer-reviewed articles and reviews about all geographical regions of Latin America including the Caribbean, reflecting a wide variety of methodological orientations. The journal welcomes works dealing with comparative and transnational themes within the region, and ones that address critical issues with new perspectives and methods. While submissions from all types of specialists are welcome, works by new voices are especially encouraged.
Scott Cave, Winner of the 2018 Tibesar Prize
The 2018 Tibesar Prize from the Conference on Latin American History and The Americas has been awarded to Scott Cave for his ground-breaking article (Madalena: The Entangled History of One Indigenous Floridian Woman in the Atlantic World). Read the 'best article' in The Americas from the previous year for free here!
- 03 April 2021,
- After decades of progressive reforms, since the early 2010s, Turkey has enacted a series of rollbacks on women’s rights and gender equality.…
- 31 March 2021,
- Frederik Unseld is a Ph.D. candidate at the Institute for Social Anthropology at the University of Basel, Switzerland. His Ph.D. focuses on artists in the context...
- 09 March 2021,
- The autonomy of universities from politics and the executive branch may sometimes be taken for granted. For this reason, it is...
- 20 April 2021,
- The shrine of Shaykh al-Islam Ahmad of Jam has been in existence since the saint’s death in 536 AH/1141 AD. The first major construction project at Jam, however,...
- 19 April 2021,
- How does one write the history of people thought not to exist? In apartheid South Africa, the obsession to maintain political and economic power for the white...
- 16 April 2021,
- By Graham Robertson, Senior Marketing Executive, Cambridge University Press How much do you know about the influence of mathematics and statistics? April is...