- ISSN: 0068-2454 (Print), 2045-2403 (Online)
- Editors: Professor John Bennet British School at Athens, Greece, and Professor Peter Liddel University of Manchester, UK
- Editorial board
Annual of the British School at Athens publishes accounts of the School's projects as well as articles on a wide range of Hellenic subjects spanning a variety disciplines from art to archaeometry and covering Greece throughout history. It is the School’s major publication and one of the most important journals in the field.
'Linear B': a new collection
This year – 2022 – marks the 70th anniversary of the decipherment of the Linear B script and the centenary of the birth of Michael Ventris, who announced its decipherment on BBC Radio on 1 July, 1952... Read the full introduction to a new collection of research (and explore the articles) here.
- 27 January 2023,
- Napoleon once said that ‘there are only two powers in the world, the sword and the spirit’ and that ‘in the long run the sword will always be conquered by the...
- 21 December 2022,
- Codex Climaci Rescriptus is worth knowing about. It is the only surviving Greek witness to Hipparchus’s previously lost star catalogue, is over seven centuries...
- 16 August 2022,
- The Journal of Hellenic Studies is making some key improvements which will better support authors and readers. Most importantly, from 17 August 2022, contributions to the journal should be submitted using the new online submission system on the Cambridge Core website.…...