- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 2056-4678 (Print), 2056-4686 (Online)
- Editor: Professor Patricia Casey University College Dublin, Ireland
- Editorial board
BJPsych Advances distils current clinical knowledge into a single resource, written and peer-reviewed by expert clinicians to meet the CPD needs of consultant psychiatrists. Each issue includes commissioned articles dealing with physical and biological aspects of treatment, psychological and sociological interventions, management issues and treatments specific to the different psychiatric subspecialties. Articles discuss comprehensive, practical approaches to clinical problems and explain the full range of therapeutic options, with useful features like MCQs, summary boxes, and associated commentaries. BJPsych Advances is essential reading for practising mental health professionals who need to be kept informed of current ideas, techniques and developments in psychiatry.
RCPsych: preparing a new generation of peer reviewers
- 23 September 2022,
- Anna Munks, Managing Editor of BJPsych Advances and BJPsych Open, speaks to us about the importance of peer review for the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych)....
Treating depression in those at the end of life
- 24 February 2023,
- The RCPsych Article of the Month for February is ‘Delivering mental healthcare to patients with a depressive disorder alongside a life-limiting illness’ and...
WPA and BJPsych Advances: Working together to support the authors of the future
- 04 Apr 2022,
- A new collaboration to assist psychiatric trainees and early career psychiatrists.