- ISSN: 0021-9118 (Print), 1752-0401 (Online)
- Editor: Joseph Alter University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Editorial board
The Journal of Asian Studies (JAS) has played a defining role in the field of Asian studies for over 75 years. JAS publishes the very best empirical and multidisciplinary work on Asia, spanning the arts, history, literature, the social sciences, and cultural studies. Experts around the world turn to this quarterly journal for the latest in-depth scholarship on Asia's past and present, for its extensive book reviews, and for its state-of-the-field essays on established and emerging topics. With coverage reaching from South and Southeast Asia to China, Inner Asia, and Northeast Asia, JAS welcomes broad comparative and transnational studies as well as essays emanating from fine-grained historical, cultural, political, and literary research. The journal also publishes clusters of papers that present new and vibrant discussions on specific themes and issues.
JAS on Facebook
- 27 May 2022,
- The European Union (EU) has been hit by a series of crises in the past two decades testing its sense of solidarity and institutional design, namely the 2008...
- 29 April 2022,
- The ratification of the Paris Agreement opened a new chapter in Turkey’s climate policies. Followed by the declaration of a net-zero emissions target for 2053,...
- 02 March 2022,
- For more than a year now, on every weekday at noon, academics at Boğaziçi University gather in the main courtyard for a silent vigil turning their backs against...
- 27 June 2022,
- We are, according to US Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, in a ‘crisis of legitimacy’. The US Supreme Court’s overturning of long-settled law Roe vs...
- 27 June 2022,
- Combining psychoanalysis, philosophy and anthropology, scientific research and clinical experience, this essay is a truly unique interdisciplinary book, in...
- 24 June 2022,
- In a time of increasing international turmoil, the World Trade Organization is undergoing an existential crisis. Trade links the world not only through the...