- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0075-4269 (Print), 2041-4099 (Online)
- Editor: Professor Lin Foxhall University of Liverpool, UK
- Editorial board
The Journal of Hellenic Studies (JHS) is recognised internationally as one of the foremost periodicals in the field of classical scholarship. It contains articles on a wide variety of Hellenic topics including Greek language, literature, history and art and archaeology in the Ancient, Byzantine and Modern periods, as well as reviews of recent books of importance to Greek studies.
A subscription to The Journal of Hellenic Studies includes the annual volume of Archaeological Reports, which provide fully illustrated accounts of archaeological work in Greece and other parts of the world that are sites of Greek culture.
- 16 August 2022,
- The Journal of Hellenic Studies is making some key improvements which will better support authors and readers. Most importantly, from 17 August 2022, contributions to the journal should be submitted using the new online submission system on the Cambridge Core website.…...
- 01 July 2022,
- When only four words of a poet’s entire output in a specific genre survive to the present day, is there really anything of substance that we can say about this...
- 15 June 2022,
- Portable braziers, frequently made of clay utensils and appearing in different shapes (Fig. 1:a), are associated with the process of cooking. They were popular...