- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0025-7273 (Print), 2048-8343 (Online)
- Editors: Dr Tara Alberts University of York, UK, Professor Akihito Suzuki University of Tokyo, Japan, Dr Arnab Chakraborty University of York, UK, Dr Aude Fauvel Institut des humanités en médecine, Switzerland, and Professor Kayo Yasuda Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan
- Editorial board
Global Health Histories
Global Health Histories aims to publish outstanding and innovative scholarship on the history of public health, medicine and science worldwide. By studying the many ways in which the impact of ideas of health and well-being on society were measured and described in different global, international, regional, national and local contexts, books in the series will reconceptualise the nature of empire, the nation state, extra-state actors and different forms of globalization. The series will showcase new approaches to writing about the connected histories of health and medicine, humanitarianism, and global economic and social development.
General Editor: Sanjoy Bhattacharya, University of York
- 17 May 2022,
- After over two years of living in a pandemic, most everyone is familiar with COVID-19’s periods of incubation, progression and contagion. Similar issues were...
- 27 January 2022,
- The history I tell in [my article] exemplifies how indispensable quotations can become... They invoke tradition, generating a sense of belonging and inspiring...
- 25 January 2022,
- By focusing on the example of William Harvey and his travels, my article explores the difficulties encountered by those involved in collecting, preserving and...