- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0952-6757 (Print), 1469-8188 (Online)
- Editors: Colin J. Ewen University of Leiden and Ellen M. Kaisse University of Washington
- Editorial board
Other theoretical linguistics journals from Cambridge
- Applied Psycholinguistics Call For Editor Proposals
- 30 November 2017,
- Professor Martha Crago is completing her tenure in December 2018 from her position as Editor of Applied Psycholinguistics (AP). Cambridge University Press is The deadline for applications is January 15, 2018. AP is a refereed journal of international scope publishing original research papers on the psychological and linguistic processes involved in language. Each volume contains six issues with articles examining language processing, language development, language use and language disorders in adults and children with a particular emphasis on cross-language and second language/bilingual studies. The journal gathers together the best work from a variety of . . . → Read More: Applied Psycholinguistics Call For Editor Proposals...
- What is offside in German or Icelandic? Football English in European languages
- 07 June 2017,
- Based on an article in Nordic Journal of Linguistics, written by Gunnar Bergh and Sölve Ohlander. “Football and English are the only truly global languages.” This statement, attributed to the legendary English footballer Sir Bobby Charlton, of 1966 World Cup fame and still to be seen at Old Trafford during Manchester United’s home games, neatly hints at the dual point of departure for this article. The present status of English as the most global language of all is not in doubt, nor is that of football (soccer) as the most widespread sport – or, rather, pop cultural phenomenon – on the planet, with a media presence bordering on obsession. Consequently, football language, i.e. the language used in communication about the game (on and off the pitch, . . . → Read More: What is offside in German or Icelandic? Football English in European languages...
- Applied Psycholinguistics Readership Survey
- 08 May 2017,
- Applied Psycholinguistics publishes original research papers on the psychological processes involved in language. It examines language development, language The journal is currently conducting a readership survey and the editor invites you to share your thoughts. The survey is completely anonymous. However, we are offering a prize draw as thanks for your input. Participants who complete the survey and submit contact information will be entered into a prize draw to win one of two Amazon.com gift cards for $125 / £100. The readership survey will take . . . → Read More: Applied Psycholinguistics Readership Survey...