This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. M Messina , C Nagata & AH Wu (2006) Estimated Asian adult soy protein and isoflavone intakes. Nutr Cancer 55, 1–12.
4. DJ Jenkins , A Mirrahimi , K Srichaikul et al. (2010) Soy protein reduces serum cholesterol by both intrinsic and food displacement mechanisms. J Nutr 140, issue 2, 2302S–2311S.
9. XX Liu , SH Li , JZ Chen et al. (2012) Effect of soy isoflavones on blood pressure: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 22, 463–470.
10. L Hooper , JJ Ryder , MS Kurzer et al. (2009) Effects of soy protein and isoflavones on circulating hormone cencentrations in pre- and post-menopausal women: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Hum Reprod Update 15, 423–440.
11. D Doerge & H Chang (2002) Inactivation of thyroid peroxidase by soy isoflavones, in vitro and in vivo. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 777, 269–279.
12. M Messina & G Redmond (2006) Effects of soy protein and soybean isoflavones on thyroid function in healthy adults and hypothyroid patients: a review of the relevant literature. Thyroid 16, 249–258.
13. A Bitto , F Polito , M Atteritano et al. (2010) Genistein aglycone does not affect thyroid function: results from a three-year, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95, 3067–3072.
14. L Sosvorová , P Mikšátková , M Bičíková et al. (2012) The presence of monoiodinated derivates of daidzein and genistein in human urine and its effect on thyroid gland function. Food Chem Toxicol 50, 2774–2779.
15. T Butler , GE Fraser , WL Beeson et al. (2008) Cohort profile: the Adventist Health Study-2 (AHS-2). Int J Epidemiol 37, 260–265.
19. S Pino , SL Fang & LE Braverman (1998) Ammonium persulfate: a new and safe method for measuring urinary iodine by ammonium persulfate oxidation. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabates 106, Suppl. 3, S22–S27.
20. GE Fraser & DJ Shavlik (2004) Correlations between estimated and true dietary intakes. Ann Epidemiol 14, 287–295.
21. GE Fraser , TL Butler & D Shavlik (2005) Correlations between estimated and true dietary intakes: using two instrumental variables. Ann Epidemiol 15, 509–518.
22. M Messina (2010) A brief historical overview of the past two decades of soy and isoflavone research. J Nutr 140, issue 7, 1350S–1354S.
23. WM Wiersinga (2013) Smoking and thyroid. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 79, 145–151.
24. N Rachdaoui & DK Sarkar (2013) Effects of alcohol on the endocrine system. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 42, 593–615.
26. RL Divi , HCC Chang & D Doerge (1997) Anti-thyroid isoflavones from soybean: isolation, characterization, and mechanisms of action. Biochem Pharmacol 54, 1087–1096.
27. L Tran , M Hammuda , C Wood et al. (2013) Soy extracts suppressed iodine uptake and stimulated the production of autoimmunogen in rat thyrocytes. Exp Biol Med 238, 623–630.
28. B Sošić-Jurjević , B Filipović , EK Wirth et al. (2014) Soy isoflavones interfere with thyroid hormone hoemoestasis in orchidectomized middle-aged rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 278, 124–134.
29. SH Golden , KA Robinson , I Saldanha et al. (2009) Clinical review: Prevalence and incidence of endocrine and metabolic disorders in the United States: a comprehensive review. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94, 1853–1878.
30. S Levis , N Strickman-Stein , P Ganjei-Azar et al. (2011) Soy isoflavones in the prevention of menopausal bone loss and menopausal symptoms. Arch Intern Med 171, 1363–1369.
32. DL Alekel , U Censchel , KJ Koehler et al. (2015) Soy Isoflavones for Reducing Bone Loss Study: effects of a 3-year trial on hormones, adverse events, and endometrial thickness in postmenopausal women. Menopause 22, 185–197.
34. T Sathyapalan , AM Manucherhri , NJ Thatcher et al. (2011) The effect of soy phytoestrogen supplementation on thyroid status and cardiovascular risk markers in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism: a randomized, double-blind, crossover study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96, 1442–1449.
35. S Tonstad , N Edward , K Oda et al. (2013) Vegan diet and hypothyroidism. Nutrients 5, 4642–4652.
36. Y Ibrayev , K Oda , GE Fraser et al. (2013) Utilization of prostate cancer screening according to dietary patterns and other demographic variables. The Adventist Health Study-2. J Cancer 4, 416–426.