This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. BA Swinburn , G Sacks , KD Hall (2011) The global obesity pandemic: shaped by global drivers and local environments. Lancet 378, 804–814.
3. CM Doak , LS Adair , M Bentley (2005) The dual burden household and the nutrition transition paradox. Int J Obes (Lond) 29, 129–136.
5. HA Abenhaim , RA Kinch , L Morin (2007) Effect of prepregnancy body mass index categories on obstetrical and neonatal outcomes. Arch Gynecol Obstet 275, 39–43.
6. RE Black , LH Allen , ZA Bhutta (2008) Maternal and child undernutrition: global and regional exposures and health consequences. Lancet 371, 243–260.
8. AA Davies , GD Smith , MT May (2006) Association between birth weight and blood pressure is robust, amplifies with age, and may be underestimated. Hypertension 48, 431–436.
9. BA Haider , MY Yakoob & ZA Bhutta (2011) Effect of multiple micronutrient supplementation during pregnancy on maternal and birth outcomes. BMC Public Health 11, Suppl. 3, S19.
10. DI Phillips , DJ Barker , CN Hales (1994) Thinness at birth and insulin resistance in adult life. Diabetologia 37, 150–154.
12. AI Lee & MM Okam (2011) Anemia in pregnancy. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 25, 241–259.
13. Y Yogev & PM Catalano (2009) Pregnancy and obesity. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 36, 285–300.
14. Y Linne (2004) Effects of obesity on women's reproduction and complications during pregnancy. Obes Rev 5, 137–143.
15. R Martorell , LK Khan , ML Hughes (2000) Obesity in women from developing countries. Eur J Clin Nutr 54, 247–252.
17. HM Ehrenberg , L Dierker , C Milluzzi (2002) Prevalence of maternal obesity in an urban center. Am J Obstet Gynecol 187, 1189–1193.
18. DY LaCoursiere , L Bloebaum , JD Duncan (2005) Population-based trends and correlates of maternal overweight and obesity, Utah 1991–2001. Am J Obstet Gynecol 192, 832–839.
19. IS Santos , AJ Barros , A Matijasevich (2008) Mothers and their pregnancies: a comparison of three population-based cohorts in Southern Brazil. Cad Saude Publica 24, Suppl. 3, S381–S389.
20. DA Rayis , AO Abbaker , Y Salih (2010) Epidemiology of underweight and overweight-obesity among term pregnant Sudanese women. BMC Res Notes 3, 327.
24. EA Reece (2008) Perspectives on obesity, pregnancy and birth outcomes in the United States: the scope of the problem. Am J Obstet Gynecol 198, 23–27.
25. JL Anderson , DK Waller , MA Canfield (2005) Maternal obesity, gestational diabetes, and central nervous system birth defects. Epidemiology 16, 87–92.
26. L Poston , LF Harthoorn & EM Van Der Beek (2011) Obesity in pregnancy: implications for the mother and lifelong health of the child. A consensus statement. Pediatr Res 69, 175–180.
27. LC Seligman , BB Duncan , L Branchtein (2006) Obesity and gestational weight gain: cesarean delivery and labor complications. Rev Saude Publica 40, 457–465.
33. E Atalah & R Castro (2004) Maternal obesity and reproductive risk. Rev Med Chil 132, 923–930.
36. CR Gale , MK Javaid , SM Robinson (2007) Maternal size in pregnancy and body composition in children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92, 3904–3911.
37. SA Gore , DM Brown & DS West (2003) The role of postpartum weight retention in obesity among women: a review of the evidence. Ann Behav Med 26, 149–159.
44. MV Benjumea (2007) Diagnostic accuracy of five gestational references to predict insufficient birth weight. Biomedica 27, 42–55.
48. KM Sullivan , Z Mei , L Grummer-Strawn (2008) Haemoglobin adjustments to define anaemia. Trop Med Int Health 13, 1267–1271.
49. BM Popkin & P Gordon-Larsen (2004) The nutrition transition: worldwide obesity dynamics and their determinants. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28, Suppl. 3, S2–S9.
52. O Muller & M Krawinkel (2005) Malnutrition and health in developing countries. CMAJ 173, 279–286.
53. RJ Stoltzfus (2003) Iron deficiency: global prevalence and consequences. Food Nutr Bull 24, 4 Suppl., S99–S103.
54. E Oken (2009) Maternal and child obesity: the causal link. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 36, 361–377.
55. AM Siega-Riz , AM Siega-Riz & B Laraia (2006) The implications of maternal overweight and obesity on the course of pregnancy and birth outcomes. Matern Child Health J 10, 5 Suppl., S153–S156.