- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0033-5894 (Print), 1096-0287 (Online)
Quaternary Research is an international journal devoted to the advancement of the interdisciplinary understanding of the Quaternary Period. We aim to publish articles of broad interest with relevance to more than one discipline, and that constitute a significant new contribution to Quaternary science. The journal’s scope is global, building on its nearly 50-year history in advancing the understanding of earth and human history through interdisciplinary study of the last 2.6 million years.
Research areas include geoarcheology, geochemistry and geophysics, geochronology, geomorphology, glaciology, neotectonics, paleobotany and paleoecology, paleoclimatology, paleogeography, paleohydrology, paleontology, paleoceanography, paleopedology, quaternary geology, volcanology and tephrochronology.
Editors' selection articles
- The Quaternary Record of Loess Deposits
- 30 May 2018,
- Deposits of loess (deposits of windblown dust of silt size) are widely distributed in mid- and high-latitude areas of North America, Europe, and Asia.…...
- ‘Lost city’ used 500 years of soil erosion to benefit crop farming
- 22 August 2017,
- Researchers at the University of York working on a 700-year old abandoned agricultural site in Tanzania have shown that soil erosion benefitted farming practices...
- Introducing Quaternary Research – an interdisciplinary journal
- 20 March 2017,
- Quaternary Research has a nearly 50-year, distinguished history of publishing articles of interdisciplinary interest on the evidence for Quaternary climatic...