- ISSN: 1060-1503 (Print), 1470-1553 (Online)
- Editors: John Maynard Department of English|New York University|19 University Place, Room 235|New York, NY 10003-4556 , Adrienne Munich Department of English|Stony Brook University|Stony Brook, NY 11794| , Rachel Ablow University at Buffalo and Daniel Hack University of Michigan
- Editorial board
Cambridge University Press is delighted to announce the appointment of Professors Rachel Ablow and Daniel Hack as incoming Editors-in-Chief of Victorian Literature and Culture. They have taken up their positions and are now responsible for the contents of the journal, beginning with the Fall 2018 issue, working closely with Professors John Maynard and Adrienne Munich during an initial transitional year. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Adrienne and John for their many years of extraordinary service to the journal, and to warmly welcome Danny and Rachel to VLC.
Donald Gray Prize
Honorable Mention for Dr. Barry Milligan's article “Luke Fildes's The Doctor, Narrative Painting, and the Selfless Professional Ideal”
- Three-hundred years of Daniel Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe
- 08 May 2018,
- 2019 marks the tercentenary of Daniel Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe (1719), a novel that achieved instant popularity in Britain (Defoe wrote a sequel, The Farther...
- Notes of a Bookseller: Victorian Spring
- 19 March 2018,
- About the Cambridge University Press Bookshop Cambridge University Press Bookshop opened in 1992, but the shop itself has been around for a great deal longer...
- Edna Longley on The Cambridge Companion to Irish Poets
- 19 March 2018,
- I can’t remember the last time a collection of academic essays about poetry caused public controversy. I wish it would happen more often. If you have kept up...