- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 2057-5637 (Print), 2057-5645 (Online)
- Editors: Professor Edward Newman University of Leeds, UK, Professor Jason Ralph University of Leeds, UK, and Professor Jacqui True Monash University, Australia
- Editorial board
The European Journal of International Security (EJIS) publishes theoretical, methodological and empirical papers at the cutting-edge of security research. Welcoming high quality research from around the world, EJIS covers all areas of international security, including: conflict and peacebuilding; strategy and warfare; environmental, health and food security; energy, ecological and climate security; human, gender and everyday security; technology and security; and security governance. The journal is particularly concerned to make connections and build bridges, both between different disciplinary and theoretical perspectives, but also across regional boundaries. EJIS publishes rigorous, peer-reviewed papers that significantly advance scholarship through original analysis of a salient policy issue, the exploitation of new data, and/or the innovative development and application of theory.
Mass Atrocity Prevention and the UN Security Council: What Role for Human Rights?
- 08 November 2022,
- human rights have not been given significant emphasis in the work of the UNSC and, furthermore, the practical links between the Responsibility to Protect (R2P)...
‘Symbolic’ and ‘imaginary’: anti-gender states’ engagement with the UN’s Women, Peace and Security Agenda
- 23 August 2022,
- Gender equality is experiencing a strange moment in international politics. On the one hand, discourse and policy around gender equality have never been so...
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to haunt the world
- 14 December 2021,
- As I sit down to write a blog post covering my article in the European Journal of International Security, The Swedish Covid-19 strategy and voluntary compliance:...
Tweets by EJIntSec