- ISSN: 2052-2630 (Print), 2052-2649 (Online)
- Editor: Kevin Arceneaux Temple University, USA
- Editorial board
We invite authors to submit concise articles (around 2500 words or less) that immediately address the subject of the research. We do not require lengthy explanations regarding and justifications of the experimental method. Nor do we expect extensive literature reviews of pros and cons of the methodological approaches involved in the experiment unless the goal of the article is to explore these methodological issues. We expect readers to be familiar with experimental methods and therefore to not need pages of literature reviews to be convinced that experimental methods are a legitimate methodological approach. We will consider longer articles in rare, but appropriate cases, as in the following examples: when a new experimental method or approach is being introduced and discussed or when novel theoretical results are being evaluated through experimentation. Finally, we strongly encourage authors to submit manuscripts that showcase informative null findings or inconsistent results from well-designed, executed, and analyzed experiments.
The journal publishes four type of articles: 1) Research Articles (2500 words) that report novel empirical findings grounded in social science theory; 2) Short Reports (500 words) concisely summarize empirical findings that primarily inform best practices, measurement strategies, or innovations in experimental design; 3) Replications (2000 words) of previous experiments; and 4) Meta-Analyses (2000 words) of a well-defined set of experiments.
- Holocaust Scholarship and Politics in the Public Sphere: Reexamining the Causes, Consequences, and Controversy of the Historikerstreit and the Goldhagen Debate
- 10 October 2017,
- Last year marked the anniversary of two of the most important scholarly debates about modern German history and the Holocaust: the so-called Historikerstreit...
- How to be successful on the academic job market
- 24 September 2017,
- Now that the new academic year has arrived, many Ph.D. students will be going on the job market for the first time.…
- North Korean Resources at the Journal of East Asian Studies
- 01 September 2017,
- With North Korea in the news, we would like to call attention to the range of research the Journal of East Asian Studies has published on the country.…...