- ISSN: 1752-1963 (Print), 1752-1971 (Online)
- Editor: Loren Kajikawa University of Oregon, USA
- Editorial board
Journal of the Society for American Music is an international, peer-reviewed journal dealing with all aspects of American music and music in the Americas. JSAM is dedicated to supporting scholarship that transcends disciplinary boundaries, cutting across historical musicology, music theory, ethnomusicology, cultural theory, identity studies, and American studies. JSAM encourages international dialogue across disciplines. The journal features articles, reviews of books, recordings, and multimedia items, and explorations of special topics.
Journal of the Society for American Music welcomes papers covering cultural hierarchy; social, political, economic, gender, and sexuality issues; race and ethnicity; the impact and role of the media; sacred, secular, and popular contexts and traditions; geographical and historical patterns; composers, performers, and audiences; historiography and reception history; problems of research, analysis, criticism, and aesthetics.
- Cambridge University Press to publish Renaissance Quarterly for the Renaissance Society of America
- 16 August 2018,
- Cambridge University Press is partnering with the Renaissance Society of America (RSA) to publish Renaissance Quarterly, the leading American journal of Renaissance...
- Celebrating Peter Holland’s 19 years as Editor of Shakespeare Survey
- 21 July 2018,
- To mark his 19 years as Editor of Shakespeare Survey before stepping down this autumn, Peter Holland has looked back across all the volumes he has edited and...
- Celebrating Anne Hathaway during International Women’s Month
- 17 March 2018,
- In honour of Women's History Month 2018, we are sharing highlights throughout March, written by and about inspirational women. In the following blog post, Katherine...