- ISSN: 0272-2631 (Print), 1470-1545 (Online)
- Editors: Professor Susan Gass Michigan State University, USA and Professor Bill VanPatten Michigan State University, USA
- Editorial board
Recently published articles
Other applied linguistics journals from Cambridge
- Applied Psycholinguistics Readership Survey
- 08 May 2017,
- Applied Psycholinguistics publishes original research papers on the psychological processes involved in language. It examines language development, language The journal is currently conducting a readership survey and the editor invites you to share your thoughts. The survey is completely anonymous. However, we are offering a prize draw as thanks for your input. Participants who complete the survey and submit contact information will be entered into a prize draw to win one of two Amazon.com gift cards for $125 / £100. The readership survey will take . . . → Read More: Applied Psycholinguistics Readership Survey...
- Albert Valdman Award Winners 2017
- 13 April 2017,
- Blog post from Akira Murakami and Theodora Alexopoulou: We wish to express our sincere gratitude to Studies in Second Language Acquisition and Cambridge University Press for selecting our paper, ‘L1 influence on the acquisition order of English grammatical morphemes: A learner corpus study’, as the winner of the Albert Valdman Award. The paper is based on the PhD thesis of Akira, who first grew his interest in SLA when he learned about the natural order in an undergraduate SLA class. It is an interesting coincidence that his very first journal paper turned out to be on the topic and eventually won this prestigious award. Morpheme studies in the 1970’s and 1980’s let us believe that the morpheme acquisition order is universal. Modern . . . → Read More: Albert Valdman Award Winners 2017...
- JLG Call for Co-Editor
- 11 April 2017,
- Journal of Linguistic Geography (JLG) is an online-only refereed journal of international scope publishing the highest quality scholarship on dialect geography JLG was co-founded by Bill Labov and Dennis Preston. Professor Labov has recently stepped into the role of Senior Editorial Advisor. The journal actively seeks applications for a new co-editor to work alongside Dennis Preston, preferably holding a tenured position at . . . → Read More: JLG Call for Co-Editor...