- ISSN: 0272-2631 (Print), 1470-1545 (Online)
- Editors: Professor Susan Gass Michigan State University, USA and Professor Bill VanPatten Michigan State University, USA
- Editorial board
Recently published articles
Other applied linguistics journals from Cambridge
- Cambridge Applied Linguistics Series
- 03 February 2017,
- This series highlights key topics in Applied Linguistics. Each book presents original research, either up-dating and re-thinking a traditional theme, or introducing...
- Trump’s Monolingual Disadvantage
- 20 January 2017,
- Blog Post by Douglas Kibbee, author of Language and the Law: Linguistic Inequality in America Early in the fall of 2016 several news agencies speculated that Donald Trump might be suffering from early onset dementia. Could this be related to his adamant monolingualism? During his campaign Donald Trump rebuked Jeb Bush for speaking Spanish, telling him to talk English, he’s in America (2015). In the campaign against Hilary Clinton, Trump dismissed bilingual communities, refusing to advertise in languages other than English. America will not be made great by making it monolingual. Monolingualism is not just a threat to national security and economic competitiveness. It’s a threat to public health. One of the greatest weaknesses of our educational system is the decline in foreign-language . . . → Read More: Trump’s Monolingual Disadvantage...
- The Study of Language 6th edition by George Yule
- 18 January 2017,
- This bestselling textbook provides an engaging and user-friendly introduction to the study of language. Assuming no prior knowledge of the subject, Yule presents...