Please read the Terms carefully before using or registering to use our Site.
By accessing or using our Site, or any mobile version of it, you confirm that you have read, understood and accept the Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Site. You are responsible for bringing these Terms to the attention of anyone who may read material on this Site as a result of your access to it.
If you are below sixteen (16) years of age, please obtain the permission of your parent or guardian before using our Site.
Changes to these Terms
We may revise the Terms at any time by amending the relevant page.
Please check this page and the additional terms linked to in it from time to time as any such changes will be binding on you. Your continued use of our Site shall be deemed to constitute your acknowledgement of any such changes.
Use of your personal information
If you supply personal details to us through this Site we will maintain, record and use such personal data in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
Accessing Our Services and our Content
Parts of our Site are available to browse free of charge, and some content is only available to those who have paid for, or have otherwise been permitted, access to it ('Restricted Content', and collectively, 'Content').
Only individuals who have been authorised either by an institution licensed by us ('Institution') or directly by us or who have purchased subscription content or downloadable content on our Site (collectively, 'Authorised Users') may access the Restricted Content.
If you purchase content on our Site that purchase will be subject to the Higher Education Terms of Purchase.
Certain Authorised Users access the Restricted Content via a network which is only accessible to Authorised Users whose identities are authenticated by their Institution at the time of login by an authentication process agreed between us and the Institution, such as Athens or Shibboleth (SAML) technology-based authentication, IP ranges, username and password ('Secure Network').
Subject to your level of access to our Site, the restrictions below, and solely for the purposes of research, teaching or private study, you may:
• access, view, and print a limited amount of our Content; and/or
• incorporate links to Content in electronic course packs or management systems.
Nothing in the Terms shall in any way exclude, modify or affect any of your statutory rights under applicable copyright law.
Some of the pages of the Site may contain message boards, bulletin boards, chat pages or other forums in which users are able to post messages for viewing by others. The Press does not edit or monitor the content of any such pages and, subject to what is said below, do not have any knowledge of any of the activities or information carried on in, or contained within, such pages.
If you become aware that any posted material on those pages or any activities carried out on those pages are offensive, unlawful or infringe any third party rights in any way please send an appropriately worded message to us by email using this address email@example.com: We shall then act expeditiously to remove any such material or to disable access to the information.
Except in the course of exercising rights specifically granted in these Terms or permitted under any applicable Creative Commons licence, you may not:
1. remove or alter our copyright notice or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear on any Content;
2. systematically make printed or electronic copies of any Content;
3. permit access to the Restricted Content to anyone who is not an Authorised User;
4. display or distribute any part of any Restricted Content on any electronic network (including without limitation the internet and the world wide web) other than your Secure Network;
5. use all or any part of any Content for the purposes of direct or indirect financial gain by means of sale, resale, loan, transfer, hire or other form of exploitation of the Content. For the avoidance of doubt, commercial use shall not include use by you of the Content in the course of research funded by a commercial organisation;
6. modify, adapt or alter any Content or make available any Content in any other form or medium or create derivative works from any Content without our prior written permission;
7. create a database in electronic or structured manual form by downloading and storing any Content;
8. attempt to interfere with the proper workings of any online provision of the Content including attempting to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into or otherwise disrupt or compromise the functionality or availability of our server or other internet-connected device used as part of our IT system which enables access to the Content;
9. either individually or collectively download Content at rate which exceeds 500 pdfs per hour. We reserve the right to withdraw access to Restricted Content in the event of a download rate in excess of this rate;
10. use any automated retrieval devices (such as web robots, wanderers, crawlers, spiders of similar devices); nor
11. otherwise download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, print, copy, distribute, extract, exploit or use the Content.
In the event of any comments or questions concerning the Terms, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Cambridge University Press, University Printing House, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, CB2 8BS, UK.
Thank you for visiting our Site.
Last Updated: April 2021