A First Course in Network Science
Networks are everywhere: networks of friends, transportation networks and the Web. Neurons in our brains and proteins within our bodies form networks that determine our intelligence and survival. This modern, accessible textbook introduces the basics of network science for a wide range of job sectors from management to marketing, from biology to engineering, and from neuroscience to the social sciences. Students will develop important, practical skills and learn to write code for using networks in their areas of interest -…
- Add bookmark
- Specifically designed for introductory-level undergraduate courses in disciplines that use networks, such as business, communications, cognitive science, neuroscience, sociology, biology, and engineering, among others
- Utilizes clear language with no technical jargon and extensive use of full color figures to illustrate key concepts
- Allows students to immediately start writing Python code to manipulate, visualize, and analyze real-world networks
- Includes an abundance of worked examples and homework problems to reinforce students' understanding of the material and an extensive suite of programming tutorials are hosted online to develop practical coding skills
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108653947
- Subjects Computer Science,Data Science, Databases, Data Mining, and Information Retrieval,Physics and Astronomy,Statistical Physics and Network Science
- Format: Hardback
- Publication date: 06 February 2020
- ISBN: 9781108471138
- Dimensions (mm): 246 x 189 mm
- Weight: 0.8kg
- Contains: 131 b/w illus. 131 colour illus.
- Page extent: 300 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 05 February 2020
- ISBN: 9781108653947
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.
AI generated results by Discovery for publishers [opens in a new window]
- BookData Science for Complex Systems
Online publication date: 11 May 2023
- BookNetwork Science in Archaeology
Online publication date: 06 April 2023
- TextbookNetwork Models for Data Science
Online publication date: 22 March 2023
Hardback publication date: 02 March 2023