Advanced Optimization for Process Systems Engineering
Based on the author's forty years of teaching experience, this unique textbook covers both basic and advanced concepts of optimization theory and methods for process systems engineers. Topics covered include continuous, discrete and logic optimization (linear, nonlinear, mixed-integer and generalized disjunctive programming), optimization under uncertainty (stochastic programming and flexibility analysis), and decomposition techniques (Lagrangean and Benders decomposition). Assuming only a basic background in calculus and linear algebra, it enables easy understanding of mathematical reasoning, and numerous examples throughout illustrate key…
- Add bookmark
- Covers both basic and advanced concepts of optimization theory and methods, ideal for single semester courses
- Mathematically accessible, requiring only a basic background in calculus and linear algebra
- Provides numerous end-of-chapter exercises involving theoretical derivations and small numerical problems, as well as in modeling systems like GAMS. A full solutions manual accompanies the text
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108917834
- Series Cambridge Series in Chemical Engineering
- Subjects Chemical Engineering,Engineering,Mathematics,Optimisation
- Format: Hardback
- Publication date: 06 May 2021
- ISBN: 9781108831659
- Dimensions (mm): 246 x 189 mm
- Weight: 0.6kg
- Page extent: 102 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 11 June 2021
- ISBN: 9781108917834
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.
Chemical Production Scheduling
Online publication date: 01 May 2021
Optimization for Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
Online publication date: 17 December 2020
Powered by UNSILO