For the Love of Language
An Introduction to Linguistics
For the Love of Language: An Introduction to Linguistics is an engaging introduction to human language and the role of linguistics in understanding its fundamental design, acquisition and functions. Replete with case studies and examples from Australia, New Zealand and around the world, this text offers a thorough introduction to core topics, including the structure and meaning of words, the systems that organise language, strategies for learning about language, the evolution of language and the function of language as a…
- Add bookmark
- Contains comprehensive coverage of introductory linguistics topics, making it suitable for semester-long, or year-long linguistics subjects
- A companion website includes additional questions and research projects, answer guides, links to online resources, revision tools and extension materials; instructor materials include PowerPoint slides and quizzes
- Written by authors with extensive academic experience in the field of linguistics
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108568753
- Subjects Applied Linguistics,Language and Linguistics,Sociolinguistics and Language in Society
- Format: Paperback
- Publication date: 19 March 2020
- ISBN: 9781108701013
- Dimensions (mm): 255 x 190 mm
- Weight: 1.33kg
- Contains: 107 b/w illus. 103 tables
- Page extent: 680 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 13 December 2019
- ISBN: 9781108568753
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.