Introduction to Information Retrieval
Class-tested and coherent, this textbook teaches classical and web information retrieval, including web search and the related areas of text classification and text clustering from basic concepts. It gives an up-to-date treatment of all aspects of the design and implementation of systems for gathering, indexing, and searching documents; methods for evaluating systems; and an introduction to the use of machine learning methods on text collections. All the important ideas are explained using examples and figures, making it perfect for introductory…
- Add bookmark
- Introduces all key concepts, requiring little prior knowledge
- All concepts are illustrated with figures and examples
- Supporting web site features lecture slides that follow the book, and a solutions manual for lecturers
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511809071
- Subjects Computer Science,Data Science, Databases, Data Mining, and Information Retrieval
- Format: Hardback
- Publication date: 07 July 2008
- ISBN: 9780521865715
- Dimensions (mm): 253 x 177 mm
- Weight: 1.03kg
- Contains: 5 b/w illus. 47 tables 263 exercises
- Page extent: 506 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 05 June 2012
- ISBN: 9780511809071
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.
Online publication date: 23 September 2020
Interactive Information Seeking, Behaviour and Retrieval
Online publication date: 08 June 2018
Powered by UNSILO